39. I have them with me every day

When we came to the car, I thought we were going to her place, but Willow had a different idea. She wanted me to take me somewhere. I asked her where, yet she didn't reply. First, we went to the restaurant. 

Willow said we needed to bring some food along with us and her mother was kind enough to make a couple of sandwiches for us to bring. Now we are back on the road again, and I have no clue where we are going. The only thing I know is that we are leaving town. 

"Did you text your mom as I asked you to?" Willow wonder.

"What?" I say, as I was a bit lost in my thoughts. 

"Did you text your mom?" She asks again, giving me a short glance.

"No, I will do it now," I tell her and pick up my phone. Telling my mom that I am on a trip with Willow and talk to her once I get home. Willow has forced me to tell my mother what is going on. We argued for a little while, but I gave in to her stubbornness. 

"Where are we going?" I ask again. 

"You will see," She smiles lightly as she steals my hand into hers. Her gesture made me smile. 

"How far is it?" I wonder. 

"Around an hour, it's not too far. I used to go every Sunday, but then I became busy because of the restaurant and well you happened," She says and kisses my hand. How can she be so sweet to me? As much as I feel down, it's nice of her to take me away from everything. It feels nice with a change.

"Okay," I answer, staring out as the rain is hitting the window. Cars passing are splashing water onto the side of Willow's car. It's peaceful and relaxing with Willow at my side. I can't believe she left work to come to me at school. It warms that she left everything only to come and see if I was okay. This woman has stolen my heart, along with every piece of me. I think maybe I have fallen in love with her. 

"Harley?" I open my heavy eyes, sensing that the car has stopped. 

"Hi," A pair of green eyes smile at me. 

"Hi," I say back as I stretch out in my seat and then pull myself up. 

"Are we here?" I ask as I stare out the window, confused with what I am looking at. 

"Yeah, there is someone I would like you to meet," She says, opening her door, and I do the same as I stare around the empty parking lot through the gate of a graveyard. I have a hunch about who I am going to meet. 

"Come on," Willow takes my hand into hers, and I follow after her through the gates and into the graveyard. There are so many tombstones placed on the ground. All of them with names of people that might have lived a great life, perhaps a few of them a terrible one. 

There are a lot of flowers and candles lying in front of them. It's nice people care enough to come to visit.  We come to a stop with a stone with Haven's name on it. Her birthday is in a couple of months, the fifteenth of April. 

"Are you okay?" I ask Willow as the grip on my hand tightened. 

"Yeah, I'm okay," She smiles at me, but with a hint of sadness in her eyes. Not as much as I expected there to be, though. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I wonder, but she only stares down at the stone. 

"She had light brown hair the same as you," She smiles, still gazing down.

"But she had brown eyes that could warm up a room. She was charming, all over the place. People always seemed to like her, while I was more of an introvert. As kids, she pulled me everywhere along with her; we were inseparable," She pauses for a moment with a grin.