9. Because that is how life is

I couldn't make myself let go of Willow. It was as my arms were glued around her neck. She tried getting me off, but she couldn't. I couldn't. The more she tried, the more I tightened my grip on her. In the end, she sat up with me, and then she got up on her legs. She walked with me into her bedroom while I held onto her.

It took her a moment to convince me to let her go and to lay me down on the bed. She promised she would be there beside me and not leave. Her promise made me loosen my arms around her, and she laid me carefully down on her bed.

Right now, she is keeping her promise by lying next to me. She is looking at me while I am looking at her. My eyes feel so heavy, but I can't close them now. I'm too scared, and I don't even really know why, because all she did was saying one word.

"Hey, you should try and sleep," Willow whispers to me, but I shake my head.

"You want to talk about it?" She questions, and I shake my head again.

"Okay." She nods lightly.

"Tell me something?" I ask because I want to think about something else right now.

"I think you need to sleep." She tells me.

"No," I whisper.

"When you are not at work, what do you do then?" I wonder, and I can see how tired she is. The moon makes me see every inch of her beautiful face. I don't care if she is some years older than me. I still have feelings for her.

"Work." She answers, which earns a smile on my face.

"Is that all you do?" I wonder, and she nods.

"Yeah, I am in the restaurant from Monday to Saturday, and Sunday, I do paperwork," Willow tells me, and I watch her stunned.

"Why do you work so much?" I ask, and her eyes look down away from me now.

"Because that is how life is." She shrugs, but I roll my eyes.

"No, it's not. Sometimes you need to take a break, and that is what we are gonna do tomorrow." I say, making my statement. She smiles at me now.

"Harley, I need to work," Willow tells me, but I shake my head stubbornly.

"I won't let you," I argue, and she rolls her eyes with an amused smile.

"Can I ask you something?" I wonder; she seems a little skeptical but still nods.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I question her. Now her gaze ends up down on the bed. She clenches her teeth as if she is very uncomfortable. Her long silence makes me know she is not going to answer me.

"I feel like I don't know you. I mean, I know your name, the fact that you own a restaurant and that you have a mother, but nothing more than that." I tell her I don't know anything else. There are so high walls surrendering around her; I don't know what to do.

"There is nothing much, really." She shrugs and tries to smile.

"Yes, there is always something about someone," I say, but she wrinkles her nose and turns around. I lay here pouting while I stare at her back.

"Goodnight, Harley." She whispers, but I feel my annoyance raise to the surface.

"I'm not tired," I say, but then a yawn escapes my mouth.

"Right." She chuckles, but I roll my eyes.

"You can be annoying, sometimes," I mumble, irritated.

"That's good." She says, which triggers me more. I do the same as her and turn my back. I drag the duvet over me only to feel it be stolen. I take it back, but she pushes it back to herself again. My body reaches for air to calm down. Then I lay back closer to her, feeling her butt touching mine.

It's cold, and I can't sleep if I am freezing. Willow's warmth is soothing, and the silence feels good right now. I guess our lack of energy makes us both grumpy.

I close my eyes and drift away to sleep.