23. Don't over think

It was hard telling my mom almost everything, what happened at school and asking if it was okay to go with a friend for a few days away from here. I was amazed when she said yes. Maybe she understood how hard it had been lately and think about what is best for me now.

She told me to have fun and relax, but come home with a smile. I hope I will, but for now, I don't want to go back home. I don't want to be anywhere except around Willow. The only place I wish to be.

Which I am right now. We are on the way to the cabin. Willow told me to bring warm clothes. It's colder there, and the cabin only has a fireplace, which didn't overheat. Honestly, I don't care. As long I get away from town and be around Willow, then I am happy.

"Hey," She steals my hand in hers, which is much warmer than mine. It feels nice and comforting.

"Don't overthink, just calm down and relax, okay?" She smiles at me, and I nod.

"Okay, good." She says, still holding my hand in hers on her lap. I like it. It makes me feel wanted and welcomed. I hope she won't let it go.

"How are you," She gives me a fast glance.

"Really? " Willow asks, but I shrug.

"You can tell if you want to or not." She smiles slightly at me. I can see it in her face; she wants me to talk to her about everything.

"What do you want to know?" I wonder, but she doesn't seem happy about how I said it like I didn't care, because I don't.

"Why were you crying yesterday?" She seems just as worried as she was when I hugged her in the restaurant.

"I don't want to talk about it," I say and stare out the window, getting all the images from that day back in my head. I don't want it there. For now, I want something else on my mind.

"Okay, then we don't." She squeezes my hand, which makes me look at her. How beautiful she is. Her dark hair that I have dreamed about every night for a year now and how green her eyes are.

"Thank you," I say, leaning further down in my seat and close my eyes.

                                                                ***Dreamondreamer96***

"Harley?" I wake up to Willow's soft voice. Seeing a big but the old house in front of us. The sun is almost down. It's close tonight.
"We are here." She says as I stretch out.

"Have to go in and get the keys. Want to come along?" She asks, and I nod with a yawn.

"Okay," She brushes some hair behind my ear.

"Then let's go." Willow smiles before opening the door, and we both step outside, which is cold. I didn't think it was this cold.

"Hey!" The door is slammed open before Willow even gets to knock on hit.

"Hi, Uncle." Willow smiles at the older man in front of us.

"Come in, come in." He says with his thick accent, which sounds just like Helena's. We step inside, and it's slightly warmer here, but still cold. It's an ancient house, the paint almost gone, the floor creaky, but yet very cozy.

A girl comes down the stairs—her hair as red as fire and a bright smile on her face as she sees Willow.

"Hi." The redhead says before hugging her cousin.

"Hi, Beau, it's nice to see you again," Willow says and moves back from her.

"Is the cabin ready?" She asks, and her uncle nods.

"Yeah, it's okay. We lit the fireplace, so it's not as cold as it was." He says.

"Thanks." Willow smiles as her uncle hands her the key.

"Oh, I'm sorry, so rude of me," He looks at me, which kind of scared me a little because his moment was so fast.

"I'm Joe, and this is my daughter, Beau." The older man says, reaching out his hand to shake, and I accept.

"I'm Harley." I smile awkwardly. It just feels strange. I mean, Willow is taking me with her to a cabin for a few days. It doesn't sound weird at all, but this is not Willow. She only means well, of course.

"Willow told me you have had it rough lately," He watches me sadly.

"And you are very welcome to stay as long as you like." Joe smiles at me, but I still feel a little uncomfortable with all of this. It might be a little too much at once for me.

I meet Willow's gaze, and she seems worried.

"Okay, I think we are going to head to the cabin now and see you later, okay?" She says, and it feels like she just read my mind. We say goodbye, and I follow Willow back outside into the cold. I don't think I have ever been in such freezing weather before.

"It's so freaking cold," I complain; my whole body is shaking as I open the door to the car.

"Well, I told you it would be." She chuckles, and I roll my eyes.

"I know, but I didn't imagine it would be this cold." I tremble, and Willow starts to drive to our destination.

"Not long, and we are there, okay?" She says, and I nod because my teeth are too busy shattering.

"Okay," I say, and she reaches for my hand again.