45. Bright future

The lunch with my whole family at the restaurant today was loud but in a good way. Simon and my father kept battling on which baseball team was the better. My brother kept looking back and forth between them with a grin as he stuffed his mouth with Willow's amazing pancakes. 

Willow's mother, Helene, was in the kitchen preparing everything for us. At times when she had time, she would join our conversations. She is a warmed, hearted woman. Throughout her conversation with my mother. I learned that she has a sister and her brother Joe who lived on her farm with his daughter Beau, who I met. Helena is the oldest, then Maggie and Joe. 

The farm Joe owns has been in the family for generations, and it sounds like his daughter might be next in line for it. Helena doesn't want it, and neither does Maggie, even though I could tell that Maggie wanted to sell the farm because it's falling apart. 

Helena tries to send as much money as possible to help them out, which is nice. Yet, she sounded worried for her brother. It's been hard winters up North, and it takes a toll on Joe and Beau. Maybe Willow and I could go visits sometime. I don't know. She hasn't spoken much about her family. However, she has her own business to take care of as well. Will is already swamped with work as it is. 

My dad started to fall in conversation with Willow, though. Since he sold the firm, he has become a millionaire. He has retired and decided to live freely. Dad loved the food and showed great interest in the place. He was wondering if Willow and her mother wanted to expand the business. 

Willow and Helana looked at each other with questions they didn't know how to ask. My dad noticed it and brought up ideas like marketing and bringing the restaurant to a more central town area.  He also thought that he could be able to get a ground for them to build on. 

Willow shook her head and said she didn't have the money for it. My father laughed at that and explained that he was more than willing to pay for it all. I literally thought that I was dreaming at some point when he mentioned that. It's like his entire world has changed just like that. 

He continued with that he has been all over the country on business meetings. A lot of those took place in restaurants. Expansive five-star restaurants that really know what they are doing, and he believed that the food at Haven's was good enough to be rated highly. 

I didn't believe my ears as the conversations went on. They were going to set a time to talk about it, and dad was more than willing to do most of the work to find a new ground for Haven to take place. 

I haven't seen dad so excited about something like this before. Maybe this is good for him to do. To find a new line in life to help other people besides the company he used to own. He can do the things he wished to do now because, as he said, he hated that firm—the way his father used to treat him and how he ended up just like him.

Willow sounded enthusiastic about this. She has wished to make Haven bigger and well known. Not just around town, but hopefully in the country as well. It's was nice to see that hope in her eyes and that happiness that bloomed out of her. 

I hope they can make this work, and possibly it will bring Haven to a bright future. Perhaps she will start working less if she gets to hire more people, which is a bonus for me, really.