21. Like a bitch

Willow's words to me the evening she held me in her arms is still on my mind. I wonder what she meant by that. What parts of her has she lost? Why does that have to get in the middle of everything? I know I sound kind of selfish right now, but I want this so badly, and knowing she wants this as well, which makes it just harder.

We need to talk about this because I am tired of not knowing, but then there is also my head's voice. That says that I am too young and that I am not worthy enough for this. I don't know what to do.

Sighing, I step into my school, which didn't look forward at all after what happened. I am not ready to face him after what happened, so I will try to hide today. To stay low.

I find my way down the hallway to my locker, but before I am even five meters close to it, I can see it's not the way I left it on Monday. There is some note on it. What stands on it, I don't know. I'm not sure if I even want to, but I need my books.

"Hey, Harley." I turn as I hear Alissa's voice behind me. She seems worried. I told her what happened at work with that guy. Alissa told me she would punch the shit out of him. Don't know how she is going to do that, though.

Then her eyes land on my locker, and her face turns into anger while rushing towards it. I close my eyes with a sigh. This is never, ever going to end well.

In the last few years of school, everyone looked at me as if they were all blindfolded. I was never really there, but now they aren't blind anymore. They have taken it off now.

The students who walk past stares at my locker and the look on their faces isn't good. They are either laughing or smiling; what happened to this world to make it so cruel?

Before I come close to my locker, Alissa takes the note down, hiding it from me.

"What stands on it?" I wonder.

"Nothing." She says, shaking her head.

"Tell me, and I can take it," I tell her, reaching out my hand or the note, but she tears it into pieces and put it in her pocket.

"Alissa, I need to know," I say in annoyance now.

"No." She shakes her head, and I sigh, giving up because I really don't care.

"Let's just go to class," I tell her we have history together, so it's my favorite class, but I like learning about history. As people pass by, they laugh at having this amused look on their faces, but I freeze as the queen herself comes in front of me.

"Go away, Jessica," Alissa says, but she raises her eyebrow to my friend as if she is stupid.

"I heard what you did." She says, and I look at her, confused.

"I did what?" I ask her, but she laughs lightly to herself.

"Don't act like you don't know." She says, but now I look at her, all frustrated. She is getting on my nerves, like always.

"Everyone knows, Harley."

"Knows what?" I shout in anger. I had enough now.

"You and Josh." She says, but I don't get it. Yes, Josh and I had an awkward and uncomfortable situation a few days ago. So what? Then she gets a look on her face, which brings panic to my chest.

"No!" I yell, not even thinking about how loud it was. Jessica laughs at me, and I feel everything inside of me turn warm and black. I can't deal with her anymore. For a while now, she has made my life a nightmare, and now she just has gotten something to make it much worse than that.

I couldn't stop myself from pushing her away from me. She managed to find her footing, but I can see I pissed her off. I don't care what I just did, and I don't care what would happen; I don't care about anything anymore.

"Fuck you, Harley." She says, coming towards me for revenge, pushing me backward just like I did with her, but after that, I see her fist coming to my face, which avoids.

"Hey, stop!" Alissa shouts, trying to drag Jessica away from me, but she was lucky enough to strike my face. Right over my eye with her fist, before Alissa could pull her away from me.

"What is going on?" I hear a teacher say in a rigorous voice. We all start to run away from the incident. Alissa and I run to the bathroom to hide. Where Jessica went, I don't know, and I don't care.

"Are you okay?" My dear friend asks me, but I shake my head. Half of my face is in big pain. It really hurts. It feels more like I got hit by a truck and not a hand. I grab some paper and take some cold water onto it. Then press it against my face.

"Does it hurt?" She asks.

"Like a bitch." I answer; I bet I am going to wake up with a blue face tomorrow.

"Well, no wonder, she is a bitch." Her words crack a smile upon my face.

"I'm just going to go home," I tell her, and she nods sadly.

"I tell them that you were feeling sick," Alissa says.

"Thank you." I smile at her, so grateful for having such a good friend.

"Are you going to be okay?" She wonders.

"Yeah, I will be fine," I tell her, but she still seems worried.

"It's okay. I go home and rest." I smile, even though it hurts my face to do so.

"Okay, call me or text me if there is anything, okay?" She says, and I nod.

"Yeah, I will."