7. Take care of her

"Take care of her."

"What?" I shout, waking up in a rush. I look around almost expecting someone to be in my bedroom. Like usual, I had the same dream, but this time as Willow leaned closer to me, a whispering voice came to my ear making me jump awake. I look at the time; I have been sleeping for hours. It's almost one o'clock and I am starting at two today.

There are so many questions. Who was that, and why would she say that? Why should I take care of her? What am I missing? I don't know the worst part that I don't understand anything about my dream or that I am dreaming of my boss is? I shake those thoughts out of my head and shuffle to the bathroom to take a warm shower.

After failing to get that dream and Willow out of my head, I get out of the shower to put on some clothes. I stumble down the stairs in a hurry, knowing it's just a half an over until I start at work.

"Morning." I smile at my brother as I came into the living room, but he watches me sadly. What now? I wonder as I look at dad, who is reading the papers.

"You need to watch your brother; there is an emergency meeting today. Apparently, I have armatures working for me." He sighs.

"I can't; I have work," I say as I look for my jacket. Winter is really coming now.

"You have to," Dad says, upset.

"Find someone else to do it." I shrug as I get back into the living room.

"I don't have anyone else." He lays the paper on the table as he stands up.

"Not my problem!" I shout in anger and put on my shoes.

"Don't you use that tone!" Dad yells, warning.

"I don't care," I grumble as I get out of the house, leaving them both behind as I drive to work. I am so sick and tired of getting all the responsibility for my brother. I do love him, and I don't mind, but when it comes in the way of what I am supposed to do, then it drives me insane.

..............

"Hey." Grace smile.

"What's wrong?" She asks, now worried.

"Nothing, just family issues." I shrug and find my way to the wardroom to change clothes. I really looked forward to today's work, but my dad killed my mood and motivation.

I was about to finish buttoning up my shirt as Willow came in a hurry, but she turned when she saw me. She has been acting weird ever since I asked her to join lunch with me. Feels like she is avoiding me or something. It's kind of funny, because every time, like now, she turns away as if she never saw me.

I get ready and find my way to the kitchen. I know Willow is in there. She can't hide from me. No matter how much she tries. Willow and her mother stand behind the counter, making their delicious food.

"Good day, Harley." Helen smiles at me; she always has a kind, big smile on her face.

"Morning," I say back. Willow is too busy working or most likely ignoring me. Helen seems not happy with her daughter's behavior, but I don't mind. Just curious why she is acting this way.

.................

"Willow?" I ask, but she won't turn around. It's only her and I left, and I am trying to reach for her because I wonder if I should close or not. It's time, but I am so unsure.

"Willow?" I call her name one more time, and still nothing. I have been teasing her a lot today with this thing, but now this is starting to get annoying.

I move around the counter and force Willow to look at me.

"Why are you not listening or talking to me?" I wonder, irritated now. It might be the fact that I am so tired and knowing I have to face dad when I come home. I am frightened.

"What was it you wanted to ask me?" She looks at me with sorry eyes; I look at her for a little while. Into her nice green eyes, they might be full of sadness and shame, but I still find them loving as I do in my dream.

"Should I close the door or not?" I ask now, which makes me roll my eyes because it all sounded so strange.

"Yeah." She nods.

"Okay." I smile and rush over to the front door to shut it.

Willow and I clean everything up, tables, dishes, and floors. Preparing it all ready for Monday. When we are done, we find our way outside into the late, cold evening. The moon is shining, big, and bright along with the stars.

I put my hands in the pockets of my jacket to keep them warm as I walk along with Willow to my car. I asked if she could follow me because I don't like walking alone in the dark. No matter what.

"Thank you," I say, grateful as I open the car door, but every part of me wishes that I could close it and stay. I have to face my dad when I get home, and it won't be pretty. I can't go home to mom either, since she is on vacation with her new boyfriend, who I have not even met yet. My family is every shade of fucked up.

"You're welcome." She smiles but yawn.

"Goodnight, Harley," Willow tells me, and I say it back as I get into the car. I watch Willow in the mirror as she is on the way to her own car. I turn the key, but it won't start. Oh no.

I try it repeatedly.

"Dammit." I hit my head on the steering wheel. This is not happening. Not today.

"You need help?" I hear Willow outside, and I look up to see her.

"Yeah." I groan as I get out of the damn car.

"It happens sometimes, and it's not fixable." I sigh, and she nods as she chews on her lower lip.

"I can drive you home." She offers, and I think about it for a little while.

"I don't wanna go home," I admit, which makes her narrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why don't you want to go home?" She looks and sounds concerned.

"Big argue with my dad," I tell her.

"I'm sorry." She says, but I shrug at her words. There is nothing to be sorry about.

"Um, if you want to, you can stay over at my place?" She offers, and my eyes turn to her in just seconds.

"I can?" I ask, surprised. She has been ignoring me for a long while, and when she has been talking to me, it's been strange. Everything about her and me has been weird lately.

"Yeah." She smiles lightly and starts walking to her car, and I follow her.

"Thank you," I say, so grateful to her, and sit down in the car, next to her.

"You'r welcome."