29. Go home, Harley

This day couldn't have gotten any worse. First, a nightmare at school and now a nightmare at work. It was an important football game today, and the team won. The coach decided to celebrate it here, unfortunately.

Now I have to take orders and serve those monsters. Suppose I am allowed to call them that. I don't know which one is worse. The football guys or the cheerleaders. Girls can be the scariest ones. 

I have tried doing my best not to show how vulnerable I am right now at this moment. Not to anyone, not even Willow. I have barely talked to her and looked at her this evening. Still, I have noticed her being worried.

She has tried to reach for me, but every time, there is something in the way. Which I'm glad for. I can't face her right now. I'm too emotional. I'm scared I might blow up in tears in front of her.

"Hi, are you okay?" Grace asks me, surprising me. My head is just not into reality right now.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I answer as I put down plates on a table for some customer. A few girls from my school and I don't like the disgusting look they have on their faces as they saw me.

"Are you sure?" Grace wonders, she has a worried look on her face. I think she noticed the look on their faces.

"Yeah." I smile, one of the most faked once I have ever smiled before.

I keep doing my job, taking orders, and serve. That is why I am here. At the start, it wasn't. It was all to get closer to Willow. I got that, but everything else has gone downside after that.

"Hey." I hear Willow's voice as I feel her hand in mine. She drags me after her into the locker room.

"Are you okay, Harley?" She asks me, seeming sacred.

"Yes, I am okay," I answer, tired of that question and try to walk past Willow to get away, but she takes me by the arm to stop me.

"Harley, stop." Willow seems frustrated by now.

"You have been acting strangely for a few days now," Willow says worriedly. She cares; I can feel the emotional flood build up in me. Like a big lump in the back of my throat, but I swallow it down.

"I'm fine." I lie and find my way out of here and back into the dining room.  I keep taking orders and watch my fellow students chew on the fantastic food that Willow and her mother, Helena, are making.

It's hard to keep the speed up this time. Never has it been that many people here before. At some point, it's a good thing, because you can make a lot of tips. But since I am the school's most talked about person now, it's not going to happen. 

I'm just about to close the restaurant; I need to get the last of them out of here. I wish I didn't have to go and tell them that I need them to go. Especially knowing that the guy who started all of this is sitting right there. 

I take a deep breath and move my legs towards them. They feel so heavy as if they are made of metal. I wish they could carry me in the other direction. 

Why do I have to be so stubborn? I could have told Willow everything and made her go here for me. But instead, my stubbornness has taken over me. 

"Hi, "I smile, at least try to. Their eyes are all one me.

"We are going to close now," I could hear my voice being nervous. Shot me now. Someone, please. They all look at me with disgust and disrespect. 

"But, we are having such a good time." The guy who ruined my life said, with a massive grin on his face.

"I want to stay longer; how about you guys?" He asks his friends, and they all agree.

"I need you to go," I say, a bit annoyed, there is a lot of anger in me, and I'm starting to get scared of it. They all ignore me this time.

"Just go, please. You can treat me like shit at school, but not here." I tell them so tired of everything. Have you ever thought about how low you can sink? I think I just hit rock bottom. 

I hear footsteps behind me, seeing Willow coming.

"I need you to go," She says, but they still don't care.

"Now!" She shouts, and now they all move and rush outside.

"I had it under control," I tell her.

"Really?" She sounds upset as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"It didn't look like it," Willow says, and I roll my eyes as I start cleaning the last table.

"What is going on with you, Harley?" She wonders I can hear the concern in her voice and even sadness. I step into the kitchen, putting the plates to wash. 

"You don't talk to me." She says, and I feel the ticking bomb in me explode.

"Really?" I shout, making Willow take a step back from me. 

"You are not talking to me either!" I yell, and I watch Willow's gaze fall to the floor in sadness.

"You are right." She tells me calmly and then clears her throat. 

"Go home, Harley." Willow takes a deep breath.

"I will clean up the rest." She sighs.

"No!" I say, standing my ground.

"I don't want to go home, and I'm tired of you not telling me anything," I tell her feeling tears wanting to come out, but I keep them away.

"I-I just want you to talk to me," I say as Willow comes towards me to wrap her arms around me for a hug.

"Calm down." She whispers, and I take a deep breath. 

"I care for you, Harley, and I think it's time we are honest with each other."