Chapter 39: Arrival

"The storm keeps making its way across the Union, bringing strong winds from the south which slowly keep creeping towards the eastern part of the union, the strong breezes have affected Ukraine, Belarus, and a great part of Poland and most security services are on the edge"

The weather report kept buzzing on the radio and the rain kept pouring on as well, it was 7 a.m but it almost looked like it was 8 p.m all over again.

The cars in the street drove slowly but surely, their wheels splashing water all around as they drove through the big puddles of water that formed all around the road. Car after car, from left to right made the mind of the doll a bit dizzy as the weather report simply was being drilled into her head but she actually didn't comprehend it, it was simple background noise at this point mixed into the convoluted street echoes.

???: ...

The woman threw away her cigarette, the rain quickly putting it out as it then rolled down into a puddle where 3 other cigarette butts laid. Readjusting herself from taking a step forward and throwing the cigarette she backed of again into the dry safety of the small roofs outside along the houses covering a great part of the sidewalk.

Leaning back against the wall of the building she opened her pack of cigarettes yet again, taking another one and lighting it before taking a puff from it almost immediately, she almost looked like a smoke machine, if she wasn't letting out the smoke of her cigarette, the steam she released while breathing due to the cold covered her in that department.

Her face was pretty stoic, not to say dead looking, adding more to that messy appearance of hers. She didn't even bother to button up properly and simply put on a jacket to cover that fact. Her color choice however somewhat combined as well as besides her, the umbrella that also laid against the wall being of cobalt black gave her that 80's 90's gloomy look and aura.

Her smoking alone time didn't last much longer however as from the building another doll exited, the door slamming close behind her as she let go of it made her aware of that in the first place.

Their eyes meet as the new female turned her head around and looked directly at her, while the one smoking simply gave her a side look.

???: One less to go, what about the other two Celia?

She let out, her tone of voice somewhat tired, or more like indifferent, yet it had some warmth to it, a strange combination that made her talking soothing. Celia kept looking at her for a while before answering.

Celia: I'm myself ready as you can see, but Chiara and Aurora are gonna take a while longer however

Said the doll wiggling the big brown suitcase she held so tightly with both hands to reinforce that statement of being ready, the transparent raincoat she was wearing on top of her clothes wiggling with her as well, her short wavy brown hair contained behind the hood of the raincoat.

???: Hmm... The car is open, simply put the suitcase in the trunk and get inside, I will finishing smoking while the other two finish, turn on the lights inside as well if ya want

The doll replied calmly to Celia, who simply nodded and rushed to the car out into the rain, Celia being followed by the dolls gaze at all times as she kept smoking waiting for the other two getting everything ready to leave, that apartment is probably still a mess if they are taking so long.

???: *Sigh* ... A bottle would have been great before this... Too bad I need to drive...

She mumbled longing for a bit of alcohol and lamenting having to be the driver for this somewhat long trip.