Chapter 18: Starring the puppeteer

???: Are we really sure there is a repair kit around here?

Said the doll looking at the other two who kept inspecting the shop trying to find a toolbox or any tool at all to help them repair their damaged vehicle.

???: Perhaps, we need to check anyways, not like we can ask for assistance seeing the radio isn't working for some reason

Responded one of the dolls looking around the shelves, her MTAR-21 hanging from her neck as the sling wiggled around with each move she did.

???: Hm the situation we are in is indeed troublesome, but nothing we can't handle

Said the third doll of the group, her red eyes hovering over the abandoned shop many shelves and boxes, a sigh exiting her mouth as she adjusted her pink hair and went up to the door where the doll with an IWS2000 stood guard, with her gloved hands she slightly opened the curtain and looked out herself, the streets still empty as before, yet after the ambush, they didn't really feel safe in such silence.

???: Hmm... at this rate, it will be nightfall...

???: Don't we have the necessary tools in the humvee Negev?

The doll shook her head in denial and turned around slightly too look at her while answering the question.

Negev: We got tools for light repairs but the ambush damaged some parts that would be difficult to repair on the field without proper tools, besides 

Continued Negev relaxing a bit and putting one of her hands to rest on her waist, her eyes hovering around the shop once more to make sure.

Negev: If we stayed there trying to figure out what to do we would probably get ambushed again, we need to act quickly and keep our heads low for a while...

She said and adjusted her gloves afterward, IWS nodded and looked at the other doll now.

IWS: Any luck with finding the tools X95?

X95: Hm... Sadly its all junk... Though there is a cute plushie here

Said X95 taking the little plush from the shelve and dusting it off, then showing it off to her teammates.

Negev: Hoo its indeed cute, looks like a seal?

IWS: Hmm it looks like a rhino to me

X95: Maybe it's some mythological creature?

The three of them now stared down at the little plushie, thinking on what could it really be, either way, it was cute in their eyes although it was a bit torn but nothing some sewing couldn't fix.

Negev: Let's go to the next building, perhaps we find something there

The other two dolls nodded and adjusted their weapons while Negev went to the counter and folded the bipod on her machinegun and picked it up afterward, the group of three quickly after made their way towards the back exit and carefully went outside inspecting their surroundings for any danger indications.

IWS: I think we are clear...

X95: Alleys seem empty also

Negev: Good, keep an eye out

Said Negev sternly and checked the belt currently feed into her weapon, after making sure she had enough ammo already loaded for a possible encounter she signaled X95 to lead the way and be their point man, now the group of three slowly made their way through rubble and trash that was around the streets into their next building.

X95: The door is locked...

Negev: Let's circle around and find another entrance

X95 nodded and kept leading the way for them, the team of three passed by the alley beside the building as the others full of trash and abandoned objects, and without really any complications they almost exited the alley into the back of that row of buildings.