Chapter 6: New faces on sight

Where are you Nikolay...? Where are the letters you used to send?... Are you leaving us? Are you leaving me?... Do you hate us? Nikolay... Nikolay! Nikolay!

Nadya: Nikolay wake up goddamn

Nikolay alarmed backed off against the seat and looked around to just see Nadya looking at him. The complete darkness and voices were gone.

Nikolay: ... *Hyperventilating* ... Ah... It just you... Is something wrong?

Nadya: It's morning already, you didn't eat anything yesterday... Are you okay?

Nikolay: Just... Got out of a bad dream... Nothing to worry about...

Nadya: ... You have been having a lot of them lately...

She sat down near him in the car and looked at him.

Nadya: You sure anything is bothering you?

Nikolay: ... It's... *sigh* I think I just dreamed of Nasha and Dasha...

Nadya: ... *sigh* You're not gonna forgive yourself for that never, do you?

Nikolay fell silent and then shook his head in denial, Nadya sighed and hugged him.

Nadya: You need to... It wasn't your fault and I know you want someone to accuse but accuse yourself isn't the way to go Nikolay...

Nikolay: I know... So what did you all cook?

Nadya: Alisa made you a mushroom stew with Raisa's help go eat it or its gonna get cold...

She stopped hugging him and left him alone in the car. Nikolay sighed as he took off his mask and headed towards the tents and campfire. They were all sitting there chatting like always except for Sveta, she was cutting some wood to keep the fire alive.

Raisa: Thanks for waking him up

Nadya made and ok sign as she sat down near her tent and inspected her equipment. Raisa looked at Nikolay as he picked up the stew and started eating.

Raisa: What did I tell you about taking care of yourself?

Nikolay: That I must take care of myself and my health a little bit more

Raisa: And what exactly are you doing?

Nikolay: Eating stew in the morning

Raisa: ... Don't be a jokester about that Nikolay...

Nikolay: *sigh* I will take care of myself when we can rest without guard duties

Raisa: ...*sigh* I'm not gonna pester you further about that... So what are the plans for today?

Nikolay: You all have a free day today, we getting back to the hangar and afterward I'm going to go with Ivan and see some places

Raisa: Is it about the base?

Nikolay: Yeah, basically yeah, I need to do all today and contact the construction company tomorrow morning

Raisa: Hmm... Do you want me to come with you?

Nikolay: Take a break Raisa... I don't want to overwork you

Raisa: ... As you say...

Alisa: Do you like it?

Nikolay: It's nicely cooked... I like its flavor

Alisa smiled energetically as she always does and swung from side to side happily. Nikolay sighed and finished eating, after that, they rested for a bit of time before packing up and starting to store everything in the jeep. As they finished they all got in the vehicle and accommodated themselves, now all being comfy in their sits, Sveta started up the engine and drove off direction, their hangar.