Chapter 19: Start of the red show

"You got 1 voice message..."

"..."

"... Replaying voice message..."

"..."

"Hey this is commander Julian, I know it's late and at these hours most people would be probably sleeping but please get in touch with me as soon as possible, it's important..."

"..."

Nikolay gave a side look towards the nightstand in which his phone laid on, the darkness of the room only illuminated by his now active phone and a lit candle. He rubbed his face and took a deep inhale before adjusting his eyes to the dark ceiling above him. His movements awakening someone right beside him.

The doll gently but quickly made one of her hands slide across his naked chest towards his shoulder, taking hold on him as to make sure he doesn't leave the bed.

Nadya: Это действительно важно? (Is it really important?)

Nikolay: Я бы хотел чтобы это не было (I wish it wasn't)

Nadya: Разве ты не можешь остаться еще на пять минут...? (Can't you really stay for five more minutes...?)

Nikolay: *Sigh* Sorry...

Nadya sighed herself and let go of him, Nikolay got out of bed quickly after and went up to the wardrobe to dress up, minutes after finishing by tying his boots and putting on his trenchcoat.

Nikolay: I will be back soon

Nadya: It's okay...

Nikolay sighed picking up his phone and documents he revised earlier, and now sat on the bedside leaning in to give Nadya a kiss on the forehead afterward extinguishing the candle as he got out of the room into the dark halls of his base. His eyes looking around, now accustomed to the dark, letting him know where to go, unlocking the phone he made a call back to the number from the voice mail and kept walking towards his office, papers in hand.

Julian: *Tmbbb* This is commander Julian, who is it?

Nikolay: Mr.Nikolay speaking, you wanted to talk right? Well meet but I see something is bothering you more for calling me at such hours

Nikolay could hear through the phone how something fell on the other end of the call.

Nikolay: Are you alright miss?

Julian: Ghm, ghm, sorry I got uh... Surprised by something... But never mind that, it was a pain in the ass to get kryuger to give me your number, I'm glad it wasn't a fake

Nikolay: Hm I see, so what is the reason for this call?

Julian: Right, you got the documents I sent you?

Nikolay hummed in response and turned on the flashlight on his phone to give them a look.

Julian: My special team who delivered the documents has lost contact with base since they entered into range of site 5, the city in particular, is mentioned in section five in the documents at your disposal

Nikolay quickly shuffled around the pages of the file until he reached section 5, a satellite photo of the city in particular, catching his eye.

Nikolay: It's the city beside the factory... My girls might also have gotten themselves in trouble...

Julian: I am right to believe that Kryuger give you the task to try and find a lost team in the vicinity inside one of the sites

Nikolay: You are right... How do you know? I thought Kryuger wanted to keep the incidents inside that zone a secret from the public for now