Chapter 5: First contract

Nikolay kept driving, totally focused on the asphalt road slowly disappearing by the night sky, he checked the gas meter of the vehicle and sighed knowing he will have to ask Lyuda for some gas later, as the approaching night kept engulfing everything in its dim shadows and the sounds that could be heard grew stronger Nikolay thought about putting the radio for the trip as he was getting a bit sick of the constant roar of the motor and wind.

Nikolay: Mhh... Maybe something classic...

He kept changing the radio frequency until it landed on a radio station that was emitting some 90's rock. Nikolay left it be and smiled taping the steering wheel as he kept his eyes peeled on the front, illuminated by the spotlights of the car. As time passed by he could finally recognize the area, he was finally near Lyuda's state, and if he wanted 3 hours away from the hangar. As he lowered the speed and changed gears he finally saw the fence that covered the state, he carefully parked outside, opened the door, got out and as he looked around he honked the horn of the Jeep and waited for Lyuda to get out an open the gates for him. As he waited looking at the lit windows of the house he could see how there were more vehicles parked than normal, he sighed knowing he was the one that arrived late this time. As he did that Lyuda came out and ran towards the gate, she opened it and hold it for him to come in with the car and park it. As he parked it inside with the other vehicles he turned off the engine and slapped the door shutting it and then looked at Lyuda. She was wearing her pilot jacket over a green tank top and some blue jeans.

Nikolay: Sorry some things happened and almost forgot we agreed to a meeting today

Lyuda: Well, you finally here so no worries, come on we were waiting for you goddamn it, you know we can't open the Vodka without you!

Nikolay: *laughing* Yeah, yeah...

As they entered the house they took off their shoewear and put on some slippers and headed to the second floor. Nikolay followed Lyuda from behind and they entered one room calmly as Nikolay took off his mask.

Nikolay: Hehe Hey Klim, Anatoly!

He said warmly as he approached the two men to hug them. They both looked at him as they were sitting on the sofa, one of them got up and approached him, he was bold and had a happy look on his face, he was wearing some casual clothes as well as some slippers.

Klim: Your late as hell Raman!

He said laughing and separated from him taking a beer can and gulping on it finishing it in one go. He then went and hugged the slim and rather pale man who got up the sofa also to hug him. As well as the other he wore some casual clothes nothing fancy and you could see how he had a grin looking at Nikolay finally making his appearance.

Anatoly: Haha Finally! I'm sick of drinking just beer dude

Nikolay let off him and turned his sight towards a woman looking at him with a raised eyebrow. She had long brown hair and glassy green eyes as she wore a white shirt, some tracksuit pants and on top of that a black trench coat as the cherry on top.

Anna: You're not gonna welcome your favorite Anna?

Nikolay: Oh wow, look who decided to appear, come here!

He kissed her in both cheeks and sat down near her taking a beer from the table and opening it. They all sat down on the sofas and leaned towards the table in the middle of them. On top of it, some plates with snacks. From pickles to the classic бутерброд (butterbrot/: A slice of bread with anything on top, is not considered a sandwich as it doesn't have another slice of bread on top of it, you American spies) and also let's not ignore the box full of vodka bottles near the same table, all of them waiting to be opened.