Chapter 29: Lockdown shenanigans

R3: Where is the commander?

Sveta: Hmm? Kolya? Having his operations right now, won't be available all day, I thought you knew about that

R3: Hm... Never mind then, do you know then about R1s whereabouts?

Sveta: R1s... I'm pretty sure I saw her in the shooting range, I'm pretty pretty sure I did, not 100% though

R3: Hmng... Alright, thanks again

She said before turning tail and walking towards the interior shooting range they had, with high hopes of finding R1s there, Sveta looked at how R3 quickly speed-walked to said room, a quick yet soft hum coming from wondering what happened to her but having a light suspicion just by looking how she carried a jacket on top of her own uniform.

Sveta: Hm good luck with that then R3... What was I doing... Oh right searching for Raisa

She quickly stretched out and turned tail herself to keep searching for her sister, not after long finding her in the cafeteria doing today's launch, Sveta quickly grabbed her attention with a yo and approached the counter, leaning the upper half of her body inside the kitchen to get a better look of her sister. Raisa stopped stirring the soup and stared at Sveta with a raised eyebrow.

Raisa: You need something?

Sveta: Actually yeah, ya already know about Nikolay's operations today and that he won't be able to take care of anything today and yada yada right?

Raisa: Uhm, yes I do, I informed you all of that after all... But what about it?

Sveta: Well~... Uhm you didn't specify what to do when something happens

Raisa: What no, I did, you gotta inform me of it and I will talk it wit--... with Nadya... I get you now, what the hell happened?

Sveta: We got like uh... Remember that commander? Julian, I think it was? She would like to contact Nikolay

Raisa: Well, what did you tell her? You send her away right?

Sveta: About that uh she is like at our gates ya know

Raisa left the soup alone and turned around entirely to face Sveta.

Raisa: What?

Sveta: Yeah she is like at our gates, being held off by R4 and R5 while I went to inform you

Raisa: You should have informed me through the radio then you idiot!

Said Raisa in response and quickly turned off the stoves and put the soup away she will get back to it in a second after dealing with this.

Sveta: What radio tho? You don't have any I would have contacted you long ago but you didn't pick up

Raisa looked down at herself and checked the pockets of her uniform realizing she forgot to add it to her equipment for today most probably she got enough on her plate as always when she gotta take charge for Nikolay and just forgot to bring it with her.

Raisa: Goddamn it alright you can scold me later let me go and deal with that, here keep cooking

Said Raisa giving Sveta a knife startling her immensely as she couldn't even react at that same instant as Raisa ran off.

Raisa: I leave it on ya care!

Sveta: But! But what am I supposed to cook?! I don't even know how to peel an apple!

Raisa: Just keep cooking that soup!

Said Raisa before slamming the doors close behind her, Sveta just stood there with a knife in hand as she stared at the doors, her mind now hazed with doubt, she only cooked once, and that was preparing meat, not actual grilling, smoking, or boiling. Just being a butcher.