Chapter 25: Springs notice

R3 kept guard by the main gate as her eyes kept bouncing around, her MG4 sling slung around her neck, leaving her machinegun hanging at belly level, one of her hands resting on top of the dust cover near the carrying grip mounted on top of it, sticking to the right-hand side, while her other hand was near the bolt and trigger, ready to fire or re-adjust the loaded 200 rounds box magazine.

Her thoughts were still hazy from yesterday's shenanigans with Sveta, apparently drinking coffee every day to try and maintain herself full woke at 6 am sharp isn't so effective as she thought.

R3: I want to sleep... *Yawn*

Her sleepiness however was quickly brushed off as she heard the approaching sound of trucks, making her raise her eyebrow in confusion, although relaxed knowing they are in a heavily G&K controlled area it still made her warry knowing Nikolay isn't in that good list of G&K commanders. And as the sound indicated to her after just a bit of time, with eyes fixated on the road she could see the distant approaching trucks, a convoy of three Zil-133's marched on slowly as their engines roared, their cargo revealed as the tarp covers usually used were removed, leaving only the skeleton of the back frame.

R3 followed the leading vehicle with her eyes, at one point turning her attention to their cargo, noticing the several wooden crates and military steel cases pilled up on them strapped down by industrial straps so they don't fall off the back.

As the trucks were quite close to R3 and found themselves parallel to R3's guard post the convoy came to a halt, R3 seeing the wheels stopping to move lowered her hand back to the trigger and gripped with the other the grip, a stern face drawn across her as she snapped from cabin door to cabin door. Her eyes then settled back again on the first Zil, the door of the driver being open wide as the doll driving it exited the vehicle and looked at R3.

R3 analyzed the doll looking at her, on her right leg, a holster tightened onto it, containing a QSZ-92 pistol neatly stored inside the black holster. Detecting a weapon on her she already raised her alarms and tightened her MG4 tightly, as the doll started to walk to her however, she did the same not before motioning her machinegun towards her direction, meeting the doll armed with a handgun midway from the guard post by the main gate of the base.

R3: Halt! What is that you need?

Type 92: Names Type 92, we would like to re-fuel if possible

R3: What's your cargo and destination?

Type 92: Ammo and rations, heading towards the main base of this sector, been on the road since we left our base back around Minsk

R3: Shouldn't you be having a tanker truck with you for such a journey?

Type 92: Top urgency to deliver all this to the main base, couldn't afford time-wise setting up a bigger convoy

R3 let go of the grip and signaled towards down the road, where the asphalt started curving left to the mountains and disappearing in the far horizon.

R3: Our base is under lockdown, there is another one however down the road after the mountainside, they should be able to give you some fuel

Type 92: Lockdown?

R3: Classified information, first warning

Type 92: Hm alright then, thanks for the info

She said before turning around and walking back to her truck, getting in and slamming the door close before driving off, the convoy starting to crawl down the road yet again. R3 let out a sigh as she saw the trucks leaving, her alarms going calm as she lowered her gun yet again, turning around to go back to her guard post and sit down inside the little bunker-like structure, however, her eyes settled on another figure, R1s analyzed the situation that just happened and seeing it ended and R3 turned around, she did the same to go away from the main gate and keep wondering the base aimlessly.