Chapter 33: Paperwork

"You are a lair... You are just a lair! A sharp-tongued sadist! You are lying to everyone and yourself! Why must you do this?! You Ain't happy with all this you already made?! Is that not enough for you?! Nikolay... Nikolay?"

R5: Nikolay...?

Our commander came back to earth as his blank eyes shifted their view from the photo he stared at to the doll near him, he simply inhaled deeply, and then stared with a small yet genuine smile at R5.

Nikolay: Sorry I'm a bit tired and kinda spacing out

He said making R5 hum as she approached her commander and put her hand on his front to check his temperature.

R5: Maybe you should go rest, didn't the doctor say you must not overwork?

Nikolay: Nah, don't... Worry about that

He simply said as he waited for her to get her hand off him, he must admit a bit of warmth and talk did cheer him up a tiny bit. He then proceeded to keep talking finishing his sentence.

Nikolay: Besides, wouldn't be fun for you, on your first day as my secretary spend it alone with tons of work while I slack off, I can rest later when it's our brake yeah?

R5: If you say so commander...

Said R5 as she backed off and then took the files on his desk to go and print a copy of them.

R5: Just don't overdo yeah?

Nikolay: No worries, go and let's finish doing this rule book so everyone's job gets easier

R5 nodded as she ran off the room, the door gently closing behind her, Nikolay's stare became blank again as his hand still unmoving but yet with a pen pressing onto a paper didn't flinch, his eyes, however, shifted back to the photo, staring at the picture of the female they eyed so much.

"You are a jerk! An excuse of a captain, neither you are a major nor a lieutenant, you never were! You are just a selfish bastard! You know nothing but war, what kind of man doesn't worry about his own men?! Oh right... You told us you were a jerk didn't you?"

Nikolay: Hm... Logistics... I wish war was just that... Logistics...

"All of you shut up! What good has he done?! His victories don't justify the means! You all are crazy! Where is your morality?!"

Nikolay: *Sigh*

Nikolay just let go of his pen as he rested his head on the table, maybe taking a small break would stop his mind from attacking his emotions with memories he didn't want to remember. And such he decided to analyze recent events to set his mind back down to earth. Firstly the most important thing is that finally, Kryuger let Nikolay have the access to the commanding software other commanders had to buy or borrow troops, furthermore they provided him with a bit of supplies to kick start any commanding plan he might have, even though they weren't near enough to start a war with Polaris it would cut down the time of logistical planning greatly nonetheless. He also got lucky with having Helian come in place of Kryuger or himself going to Kryuger's office, that would have been a shit show for him to emotionally handle right now, so all in all he was quite happy with how things were going with G&K not to mention her girls probably already have quite the foothold set on G&K intelligence gathering. Then his mind recalled back other events, jumping right into wondering why Raisa wanted to step down from being his secretary, although happy she was resigning, in the end, he was kinda worried or maybe to properly say, suspicious about that decision, either way, it cleared the way to help R5 out, hence why she is his assistant now, she needed a more clam and active job to exercise her mind and emotions, so this seemed like the perfect fit.