Chapter 34: Bitter memories

Nikolay: *Sigh* That took much longer than expected...

R5: Welcome back commander, you got visit by the way

Nikolay just entered his office and quickly snapped out of his own thoughts at the words of R5, who was peacefully sitting on his desk and organizing documents, his eyes instinctively went from right to left, and noticed the woman sitting on the sofa.

Nikolay: ...

Lyuda simply got up her long left out hair waving with her sudden movement, her eyes were as plain as someone could have them, but her aura instantly injected fear into Nikolay's body as she turned her body around to face him.

Lyuda: Well, well, well, guess someone sensed my arrival and decided to prolong his work hours

Nikolay: Uh... Hmm... I...

Lyuda simply sighed and took Nikolay by the ear.

Lyuda: Thank you for the help R5, will see you next Christmas most probably! Have fun!

R5: Oh, uh yeah! Thanks, don't go too hard on him!

She replied back quickly as Lyuda finally pulled Nikolay out of the office and slammed the door close, letting go of his ear she now, not gently at all, caught him by the arm and dragged him to the rooftop where they could speak alone and freely without interruptions and more importantly without him being able to escape as she simply closed the door and leaned against it as Nikolay stood in front of her without any escape route other than jumping off 3 flats worth of height.

Nikolay gulped down some saliva as Lyuda simply got out her pack of cigarettes and took one of the many inside, putting the cigar between her lips she ignited it and puffed shortly before letting the smoke go out of her body.

Lyuda: Catch

She said making Nikolay quickly react as he caught the lighter and cigarette tossed at him.

Lyuda: And you better start explaining yourself before I rip apart the only arm left on your body

She said looking menacingly at his non-robotic arm, still made out of flesh and bone, the stare send a shiver down his spine as he instinctively put the cigarette between his lips to calm himself down and keep his cool.

Nikolay: Well there isn't much to explain, to be honest... *Puffing the cigar*

Lyuda: Nikolay, don't even try to bullshit me around, you think I haven't talked with R5?

Nikolay: ...

Lyuda: Now come on, spit it out, I want to hear everything with your own words, not the ones of your assistant

Nikolay: I traded my arm off for one of my dolls...

Lyuda: Cool what else?

Nikolay: I also conducted an operation behind everyone's back...

Lyuda: ... What else?

Nikolay: ... I may or may not have disappeared for an entire month off the radar...

Lyuda: No goddamn it, I don't want to hear that I already know it I lived it first hand! You almost died again you goddamn idiot!

She said taking out the cigarette off her mouth and throwing it at him, the stick bouncing off harmlessly off him but the ash however still being left behind in the zone of impact.

Lyuda: I can understand that you may be living military life again, I will understand that you disappear for god knows how long if you explain it to me! But oh my fucking god I won't tolerate that you just simply lie and hide the fact you are harmed!