Chapter 32: New thinking

Ann: Adjust it to 850 meters, aim slightly to the left and a tad up

Fang simply obliged as she adjusted the scope of her DMR, through them clearly seeing a small cardboard target they made, still with bull's eyes clean she was close but didn't quite hit it directly. Ann kept looking through the binoculars and waited for Fang to shoot, the distinctive bang of the 5,56x45mm cartridge let her know she already shot. A hit, confirmed by the small cardboard pieces that flew around and the dust that formed behind the target as the lead hit the ground after perforation.

Fang: So?

Said Fang softening her grip on her Mk12, Ann waited a pair of seconds to give more tension before announcing.

Ann: Bull's eye

Fang: Hell yeah

Said Fang letting go of her rifle and just laying on the grass and leaves. Ann just kept looking through the binoculars, unmoving, still kneeling but now following a different objective with the binocs.

Ann: Did we expect a visit today?...

Fang quickly took back her rifle and aimed, using the scope as a binocular, detecting rather quickly the visitors she was talking about driving on the main road that will pass their base.

Fang: I think they are just cargo transport

Ann: You sure about that?

Replied her sister with a tone hinting for her to look closer, making her realize there were kinda really not a lot of trucks and most predominantly the three humvees escorting the chain.

Fang: Huh...

·····

MSBS: You sure are alright?...

R1s: I'm fine, I just choked I think... No worries...

Said R1s as she tried to get MSBS to let go of her, the doll, however, kept her hands and arms around her in case something like that happens again, it quite startled them all being honest, it's not every day you someone spit their drink, let it fall to the floor and almost puke out your entire stomach.

Pr-15: I will go get Nikolay so he can check you I will be right back

Said Pr-15 quickly running away from there before R1s could react and tell her that it wasn't necessary, however, it was already late for her to respond so she just simply stayed silent and kept looking into the floor.

·····

R4: ...?

R3: Is that...

R4: Tch... Halt!

She quickly said taking up arms and stepping forward in front of the boom gate, the convoy that headed into the base stopping swiftly as both dolls raised their arms and signaled for someone to come out and explain themselves.

The humvee leading the way didn't stay unmoving for long however as it advanced a bit further and one of the doors opened from which came out an Aug model doll.

AUG: We need to go through

R4: You ain't going through unless you explain yourself fully

Simply and coldly responded R4 her boldness raising tension between the dolls guarding the gates and the ones in the vehicle.

AUG: Classified info that only our VIP and your Commander can discuss

R4: If it's so important we would been notified of your arrival by our superior, what's your excuse?