CHAPTER 58: Pissing the piscine

"Can I learn how to shoot?"

"No."

"Can I learn how to fight?"

"No."

"Can I learn how to drive?"

"No."

"Can I learn how to use a knife to defend myself?"

"No."

"Can I go back to work?"

"No."

"Can I leave?"

"No."

"Can I kiss you?"

"No."

Leonardo's fingers paused mid air above the keyboard and very slowly, he faced me and perfectly lift an eyebrow. "Ha. Ha. Very funny." He said flatly. "I shall come back to that later."

I whined. "Then what am I supposed to do?"

"Nothing."

"Said the man who literally dragged me out of the kitchen, publicly declared that I will not be doing any of the household work and forced me to sit on his lap while he ignores me and does his own work in his office."

"I expect my girlfriend to be in her room, studying or watching cute kitty videos on YouTube or doing her usual things when I plan on surprising her by coming home early after so many busy days." He pressed the enter key, put his laptop on sleep mode then swiftly signed on some papers which he had previously left open and stacked them properly. "And not have her small hands on dirty dishes and cleaning toilets. I prefer them having on me."

My eyes narrowed. "I think you forgot, mister. When you say 'usual things', this comes in it. I spend half of my day doing household stuff and the other half catching up with my subjects before Christmas break ends."

"Then I'm glad that I just gave you more time to catch up."

I slapped his chest, pouting. "Be serious, will you?"

"You are not going to do household work anymore." He declared in his rich Italian accent. "Is that serious enough for you?"

I sighed in defeat. "Will I ever be able to change your mind about this?"

"Do penguins fly?"

Resting my head on his shoulder, I sulked mentally while Leonardo read and signed a few more papers.

Things have been going great here. We sorted out our differences, my dear Papa Agostini is as grumpy as ever, Louisa is still... Louisa, minus her double attitude of an ex-wife filled with rage and hatred for Papa Agostini and I haven't seen much of Adrian these days. Heard that he is busy again, just like his brother. I don't mind that. All of us have been busy actually.

These guys don't celebrate any holidays so Christmas went by drinking lots of hot chocolate and eating cookies with Rylie in my bedroom while Leonardo spent his day working his ass off to catch up with his new job which is something he hadn't done properly since day one due to some personal issues. Not that I felt any sort of pity or anything, he deserved it. Me, on the other hand, have been dumped with loads of assignment and missed lectures and topics to complete and study. Apparently, the college institution I enrolled myself in is not happy with my sudden, unexplained leave for two weeks. Imagine the length and the perfectly defined words of the letter Leonardo got when he was checking his mail with sound mind.

What can I say? Reality sure loves to present itself in unexpected forms.

"How much time will you take? You came home early to surprise me. Not to go back to work again."