CHAPTER 8: The wrath of Leonardo

What wrong had I ever done to anybody?

Everything was perfect. I had my whole life ahead of me, I had my dreams, ambitions, studies and everything.

Then why did I got separated from everything? I am trapped in a foreign country with foreign people speaking foreign language!

Not to forget that I have also been stuck in a room which has its light off.

I think it has been a couple of hours since my huge mishap of landing on the Agostini son so I'm guessing that it's night. I have been sitting on a chair, alone in this room for several hours and simply staring at space.

How did I go wrong in my plans? I swear I had checked everything. The timings of the guards taking patrol, the turning of the cameras and my things. So how in the world did the great Leonardo Agostini ended up in my way?

We were told not to get in the way of the men, but what about the men? They should be taught to not to come in our way too!

"This is absolutely ridiculous." I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that." A familiar voice boomed in the dark room and I looked around to find its owner.

"Uh...okay. Good to know that." To be honest, what am I supposed to do if he heard that? "Have you been here all this time?" I asked.

I shivered in fear when I heard footsteps approaching in front of me along with a chair being dragged with it.

"For how long I have been here, that doesn't matter. What matters is how you, a mere housekeeper of my house, landed on my back."

I knew that he is sitting right in front of me. I could hear his breathing coming in short exhales as the chair creaked, indicating that he has either leaned his body forwards or backwards. Even though I couldn't see his face, I could feel his hazel eyes on me.

"I...um...i-it was an accident." I lied, "I was cleaning the window, lost my balance and fell on top of you."

He scoffed and the chair creaked again. "Nobody falls on top of me, little girl. And I do not tolerate liars. I know that you are lying, Signorina Jones."

I never told him my surname. Shit.

"Um, about that..." I laughed nervously, "I was actually cleaning the bars and they broke on their own."

"Another lie." He growled. "That's lie number two in less than two minutes. Tell me, little girl, why did you have forty nine used, blunt knives under your bed?"

"No, I don't." I lied.

"I made a personal visit to your room. Do. Not. Lie. To. Me."

Shit, shit, shit. I pissed him off.

"Fine, I cut the bars because they were blocking the wind and I like the wind. After I cut them off, I was leaning and accidentally slipped which made me land on you." I said blatantly.

"Hmm. Interesting story. Too bad it's your fourth lie. I think you forgot about your little bag which had clothes and knife number fifty. How did you get so many knives?"

I gulped inaudibly. "I...I stole them. The kitchen has too many knives."

"Tsk. Tsk. The little girl is a stealer."

"I'm not little!" I snapped. "Seriously?! I am twenty three years old. Have some decency and stop calling an adult woman as little girl. Do you have some sort of fetish or something? It's really annoying!"

The chair creaked and I squeaked when I felt his nails digging on my cheeks, painfully. I shivered violently when I felt hot breath fanning on my neck and my heart started beating wildly.