CHAPTER 44: Oh Mama!

I wore my gloves and turned on the tap to let the dishes get wet before I start cleaning them. The kitchen is having its usual rustle as people come back to continue their duties after having a nutritious breakfast.

"This is so boring." I muttered under my breath and began washing dishes.

Rylie stood beside me and snickered when she saw my face. She is cleaning up the counters and shelves.

"Don't look at me like that, Ry." I mumbled. "Only a couple of weeks ago I was having the time of my life."

She giggled and continued doing her work.

I was almost done with the dishes when all of a sudden, a very stunned silence fell around me. No murmurs. I closed the tap since that was disturbing it and there was nothing.

"Amelia."

Fucking hell.

I could feel Rylie tugging the sleeves of my uniform, mentally begging me to look behind and acknowledge him. I couldn't react.

Who the hell does he think he is? He can't just... There are people here! Women! John!

"Amelia." He growled lowly.

"Shit." I hissed softly and turned around, keeping my head low. My eyes met with a very shiny, polished black leather shoes.

"Look at me." He gritted.

The capo doesn't come to the kitchen. At least when we are working. He has no business in the kitchen, but he is in the kitchen while we are working and he standing in front of me.

I blinked rapidly and took a deep breath then finally faced him. I covered my mouth to muffle a laugh when I saw the look on his face. That same old constipated, pale look he had when we were at the hotel.

Leonardo Agostini is nervous again.

"S-Si, capo?" I cleared my throat. "Do you want something?"

"I was searching for you, signorina Jones." As usual his voice sounded calm and cool. I really want to check his hands. Are they sweating again? Flowing like a river? Ugh. I can't even hold his hand and check it right now because... Holy shit. The women and John! I started panicking a little. Is he out of his mind? He can't just barge into this place and say that he was searching for me in front of all these people. They don't know anything and fear him instead.

"C-Capo, I do not wish to sound rude but you are creating a scene here." I said politely.

He cocked his head slightly. "I do not care about it."

My mouth parted open in surprise but no words came out of it. With trembling hands, I removed my gloves and neatly placed it on the counter.

"How... How can I help you?"

"I went to the library and you were not there. I went to your bedroom and you were not there. I went to the dining room, garden, pool, gym, basement, a few bedrooms, stairwell, office, halls, meeting rooms—"

"I think you have made your point very clear, capo." I chuckled softly. "You were indeed searching for me. May I know why?"

"I..." He gulped inaudibly. "I wanted to talk, urgently."

A frown etched on my face. "Urgently? Is it about..." A dandy carbon copy called as your father?

His brow lifted oh so slightly as if he understood my unspoken words. "No."

"Oh." Was all I could say.

He leaned in closer to my face and I leaned back, grabbing the counter. Hey! No! Don't you dare do something in front of all these people. You are not even supposed to be here.