CHAPTER 2: Abducted

"Mom! Dad! Freddy! I'm home!"

Silence.

I mentally scoffed and went to the kitchen to check any stick notes from my parents.

'Your snacks are in the fridge and don't forget to take your medicines for WALNUT ALLERGY.

Love, Mom.'

Oops. Didn't expect that.

My parents are realtors while my brother, Frederick, studies abroad in Australia. He graduated highschool three years ago and simply took off after he got admission at some business school. He rarely calls us but always visits us during holidays. My parents, on the other hand, are just too busy to make some time for their second child.

And then it's just me, Amelia Jones, senior in highschool and currently suffering from fake walnut allergy.

"I love you too, mom." I muttered to myself and took out a bowl of pasta from the fridge, heated it in the oven and went to my room with pasta on one hand and the note on the other. I dumped my bag on the bed, kept the bowl on the study table and pulled out a drawer where hundreds of small stick notes where stashed.

I simply threw the one in my hand into the drawer and shut it close.

I took my bowl of pasta and sat in my bed, cross legged and started eating it as I ignored the pang in my heart.

My eyes drifted from my food to the window where I had the clear view of my neighbour's bedroom.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. They aren't even here.

I sighed in exhaustion and got up from the bed to pull the curtains when suddenly my eyes went to a black mini van parked a few metres away from my home. It had tinted windows.

I simply shook my head and pulled the curtains.

****

I dialled my mom's phone number.

"You have reached Heidi Jones. Please leave a message after the beep."

I huffed in annoyance and began, "Hey mom, it's me. Your daughter that you haven't met in a week in case you forgot. I called you to inform you that I'll be at Maria's place for the weekend so there is no need to leave any notes or messages for me and I know that you are probably not listening to this message because your phone is on silent and inside your Gucci bag while you are with dad, probably enjoying the company of your clients rather than your own daughter, but never mind, I love you and you love me. Don't call me back because I'm going to delete this message right now and say a new one."

Then I erased the message and dialled my mom's number again.

"You have reached Heidi Jones. Please leave a message after the beep."

"Hey mom, it's me. I ate the pasta. It was delicious. Sorry about the walnut allergy. It was Maria's doing, but I promise you that it won't happen again." I sighed in exhaustion and played with the strap of my duffle bag. "Anyways, I just wanted to inform you that I am staying the weekend at Maria's place and won't be back before Monday. That's it, I guess. I...I miss you guys and I miss Freddy. You and dad are busy helping people to get their perfect home and Freddy is busy with college stuff, but try to be at home when I come back...please. Bye, I love you."

Instead of sending the message, I deleted this too and dialled my mom's number again.

"You have reached Heidi Jones. Please leave a message after the beep."

I sighed deeply and began, "Hey mom, it's me. I'm just informing that I'm going to stay the weekend at Maria's place and I won't be back before Monday. Bye, I love you."

Then I sent it and exhaled sharply.

I picked up my coat, grabbed the house keys and without giving a last look, I left.

Maria's place is only five blocks and a turn away from where I live. I looked at my watch and saw that it was only quarter to five. The weather had strangely turned cold as I covered two blocks.

Then I heard a click of a camera...again.

I turned back quickly, my duffel bag was ready to strike and I felt my heartbeat racing up.

This wasn't any hallucination shit.

"Hello? Anybody there?"

An absolute silence.

Why does the neighborhood have to be so quiet here? It's creeping me out.

I heard the third click of a camera.

"Who is this?!" I shouted. I swear if this is some prank pulled by some lazy person, I'm going to beat the shit out of him! Clicking photos of me without my permission is not good.

I quickened my footsteps as I felt something heavy settle at the pit of my stomach then suddenly my head hit with something hard.

"Ouch!" I winced and rubbed it. I looked up and saw a huge man standing in front of me. Where did he come from?

I laughed nervously. "S-Sorry about that. I really should watch where I am walking. You may pass and I'll just keep walking."

My blood drained from my face when the man didn't walk away. Instead he entered my personal space.

"You talk a lot." His voice was heavily accented.

"And you are invading my space a lot so back off!" I barked and tried to push him away. He stayed in his position.

"You have light brown eyes." The man spoke again.

My jaw went south and a shiver went up my spine as the man touched my hair.

"Don't touch me!" I swatted his hand and his other hand caught my wrist.

My mind started screaming, danger! Danger! DANGER!

Then I started screaming. "Help! HELP! DON'T TOUCH M–Mmmh!" He covered my mouth with his hand and gave me a sinister smile, wearing black from head to toe and his eyes covered in sunglasses, I couldn't make out much of his features but I knew that I had to run.

My instincts took over me and I bit his hand then pushed him away.

He hissed in pain and I was about to take my chance to run but he yanked my hair which made me scream in pain and he pushed me on the ground.

Tears had already started spilling on my face.

"We are going to make a lot of money from you." The man declared arrogantly as he picked up my duffel bag and pulled my leg harshly.

"P-Please..." I begged as I tried to struggle myself from his strong grip and felt my head getting rubbed against the rough concrete ground. I kept pushing and kicking and shouting for help as the man kept dragging me on the ground. My night pajama was already ruined along with my shirt and there were scratches on my elbows and knees.

"Get up!" He shouted as he pulled me up harshly, leaving bruises on my arm and pushed me. My head got hit with something hard again.

I was already trembling and sobbing in fear but when I saw another man in sunglasses, towering over me, I regretted it.

I regretted not sending the second message to my mom.

The man in front of me gave a sinister smile just like the man who tried to harm me.

I was doomed.

I opened my mouth to scream, but it came out as muffled cries when the man behind me covered my mouth with a strong smelling cloth. I tried to protest and push his hand away.

I felt my body going limp, my breathing becoming harder and slower and my eyes slowly drooping down as I heard another click of a camera.

The last thing I saw was a black van stopping in front of my limp body.

The same black van which was parked a few metres away from my house.

Vote and comment 😁😅