CHAPTER 42: A night together

"E-Excuse me?"

"I said, I got locked out of my own room." He said each word very slowly, emphasizing every letter.

I gaped at him. "How did you get locked out?"

He rubbed the nape of his neck, redness covering his face. "I... I was so nervous before, um, you know, our date that I removed the key card from its slot but forgot to take it with me."

And I am supposed to believe that? Because I don't believe a single shit he just said.

"That's a very interesting story." I said blatantly. "So you decided to take your belongings with you then 'accidentally' lock yourself out?"

"Oh. You talking about this?" He lifted his bag up. "Adrian was having it. He wanted to use my iPad to answer some mails before he went to sleep so I just told him to take it from my bag before I came to you. He kept it with him."

"Sounds pretty much made up to me." I shook my head. "Why don't you go to the receptionist and ask for another key?"

"I did. They said that a spare key card can be sent to me in a few minutes."

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. "Then why are you here? You could have stayed in Adrian's room."

He frowned. "He kicked me out. I pulled my Little Leo card but he didn't listen to me."

"What happened to keep your key cards safe till morning? Oh wait! Yours is safe but it is not with you!" I laughed at my own joke.

"That is not funny, little girl." He muttered.

"I. Am. Not. Little." I gritted and looked outside at the empty hallway. "There is nobody here. Maybe you should tell them to hurry up and send the spare card."

"There is no need for that."

"Why?"

"Because I told them not to."

My eyes widened. "Wait, what?"

He didn't say anything and welcomed himself to my room, placed his bag beside mine and started taking out his clothes and toothbrush while I kept gawking at him, my mind still not being able to process what he just said.

"You are done with your shower, right?" He looked over his shoulder and saw my semi dripping hair. "Good. I need to take a shower too. I hope there is some hot water left, but it doesn't really matter to me because that nightie you are wearing is definitely worth a cold shower for me." He grabbed his items and faced me, a frown etched on his face. "Close your mouth, Amelia. I do not want anything to go inside it except for food, water and my tongue. Be a good little girl and carry on with what you were doing while I take a shower."

Then he closed the door of my bathroom. A few seconds later, I heard the shower running.

That son of a...!

I stomped my foot and checked his bag for a key card and much to my surprise, I didn't find any. Just an iPad, a few papers related to work I assume, extra clothes for tomorrow morning, his sunglasses, phone and a pair of boxers which I refused to touch.

Who does he think he is?! He can't just barge into my room and use my shower, saying that he got locked out of his! It has to be a goddamn lie. Why can't I find his key card?! Did he left it in Adrian's room? Is his elder brother also involved in this little act of annoying me late at night? Or is he actually saying the truth? Ugh! He is definitely up to something.

The question is, what is he up to?

The scowl on my face was permanent as I faced the mirror and continued drying my hair with a towel. I have to get him out of my room. I want my privacy. I want my sleep. I want him gone.