CHAPTER 16: Apology

"Is it true that you have...what?! No! I don't! They are not broken and they can still slam."

I tried to move my head and groaned slightly when I felt pain in my neck. Neck cramps.

"Do you suffer from...what the fuck? Next question. Is it true that you have only one...why are your questions related to the thing between my legs?"

My eyes fluttered and I winced when I felt the light burning my eyes. I shut them back.

"I asked you to ask me questions about your roommate's health, signorina, not about my intimate health." I heard a familiar voice.

After a few seconds of silence, I heard him say. "Seriously? The women here are crazy."

My eyes snapped open and soon got adjusted to the light. I looked around and recognised the place. The infirmary of the mansion. It's big, all white and we have to make sure that it smells like a hospital then I looked at the people in front of me.

Am I dead? I think I am because I see Rylie and that shitty faced asshole Agostini together. Rylie scribbled something on her notepad and gave it to capo. He rolled his eyes.

"No, I am not bisexual."

I tried to sit up straight and winced again. I looked at my leg and saw that it was bandaged. I took a bottle of water from the table beside me and gulped it down very slowly.

Then I cleared my throat. The duo in front of me stopped breathing and their head snapped in my direction, their eyes showing relief.

"Aw, look at you guys." My voice is raspy. "My roommate and the monster who almost killed me are bonding."

Rylie pounced on me, almost hitting my injured leg and started crying.

"Rylie..." I caressed her dirty blonde locks and pushed her slightly. "You are pressuring on my leg."

She sniffed, gave me an apologetic smile and pecked my forehead then my eyes shifted to capo who looking everywhere except at me. Coldness washed over me.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have more people to shoot at?"

The capo finally looked at me and I averted my eyes from him. "How...How are you feeling?"

"Weak. Thanks to you."

"And your leg?"

"Got shot by you."

"I am trying to be civil here, signorina Jones."

"And I'm being honest. Just like you said, nobody lies to you."

"I'm serious, signorina. How are you feeling?"

I sighed irritably and gave him a bored look. "If you ignore the part that I have been manhandled and shot by you in a span of one month, I feel ecstatic. A bit of a pain here and there but I'll be fine."

He nodded in understanding and played with the cufflinks. "I know now that you are feeling just fine. Your living arrangements have been shifted to this floor and you'll be staying in one of the rooms till your leg is healed."

My face slowly got red in anger and I shot him a deadly glare. "I can take rest in my quarters."

He gritted his teeth. "You are not climbing stairs with a wound like that. You will not be leaving this floor."

I scoffed. "Who's fault is that, huh? You are the one who put me in this position."

"Signorina Rylie will be at your beck and call." He continued, ignoring my previous statement. "The doctor will be here in a few minutes."