CHAPTER 15: His fear

Leonardo Agostini's POV:

Somebody get me some aspirin and a tape for the girl because this girl really, really talks a lot.

How long has she been rambling? One hour? Two? Ever since she spoke her first word? I'm getting sick of it!

"...your little minions..."

I am tired. I am hurt. I am in pain and I am annoyed.

Weeks after I finally find some time to spare and decide to see what my asshole brother sees in this girl, she falls on top of me again, doesn't get up and listens to my heartbeats. Who the hell does that? Not to forget that she actually kneed me straight to my groins and claims that I am having a heart attack. I am absolutely ignoring the part when her hair was sprawled on my face and how surprisingly her small body moulded against mine.

My padre, on the other hand, is making me eat straight out of his hand. Do this. Do that. Don't do that. Don't do this. Check those shipments personally. Get them to work with us or else destroy them. Don't make me regret it when I give my title to you. No mistakes. No mercy!

I swear, when I will finally get the control of the famiglia, I'm gonna kick my padre out, just like he kicked my mama out of my life.

I massaged my temples and sighed in irritation as I tried to concentrate on the file Adrian had handed me over to crosscheck urgently. That bastardo really loves the efficiency in his work and starts whining like a four year old who didn't get his candy on time if anything gets delayed so I really want to return this file back to him, but this girl's nonstop rambling and pacing is making my head spin in frustration and stress.

"...bark and no bite..."

I gritted my teeth in anger, stood up from my chair, pulled out my gun and pressed the trigger, hoping that she would stop whining about minions and dogs.

The girl finally stopped rambling and pacing. Much to my surprise, instead of screaming in shock, I saw Amelia calmly bending down to her legs and touched it.

My gun fell from my grasp and landed on the floor when I saw the blood on her hand. Her blood.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. What have I done?

Our eyes met for a mere second and she screamed in pain then fell on the floor with a loud thud.

"Amelia!"

I jumped over the table, ran to her side and knelt, cradling her face on my lap. She was gaping for air and tears were streaming from her eyes.

"Y-You...you...shoooot...!"

"Shh! Amelia, just–just breathe, okay? Just breath for me, please." I take a look at her leg and my blood drained from my face when I saw the blood spilling out from her leg and pooling at the floor.

Carefully, I lifted her uniform up to her thighs and cursed under my breath. That's too deep and she's losing too much blood. I had to stop the blood flow. Quickly, I took off my shirt and tied it around her wound, her blood smearing on my hands and I stopped breathing when I felt something dreadful at the pit of my stomach as I saw my hand.

Blood of an innocent on my hand.

I remembered what Adrian had said when he explained me about having a blood of an innocent woman on his hand when he woke up and how he felt. Is this how he felt? Something gnawing him out from the inside. Something dire.

Something like fear. Oh shit.

I looked at the woman who was now getting pale and her eyes were slowly drooping down.