CHAPTER 14: All talk and no shoot

Leonardo Agostini is a pig.

Swipe.

Leonardo Agostini is a coward.

Swipe.

Leonardo Agostini is the biggest asshole of the century, scratch that, asshole of the millennium.

Swipe.

Leonardo Agostini can go choke himself on his ego.

Swipe.

Leonardo Agostini can rot in hell, for all I care.

Swipe. Swipe. Swipe.

Leonardo Agostini can die in his own hands.

Swipe. Swipe. Swipe. Swipe. Swipe.

I snapped out of my reverie when I felt a finger poking my shoulder and saw Rylie looking at me in concern. I looked around and saw that we were still alone in the huge library.

"What?"

She tapped her wrist then rubbed her growling stomach.

Oh crap, it's lunch time and once again, I'm not hungry.

"You can go and have your lunch, Ry. I'm not hungry. I'll stop by during dinner time." I said nonchalantly and continued wiping the windows.

I heard her sigh loudly and she shoved her little notepad on my face.

'How long will you be like this?'

I shrugged. "Don't know. Don't care. We've got a huge library to clean and we have also been stuck cleaning this room for two days."

She shook her head in resentment and quickly scribbled, 'Take a break. It will help you'

"No, thanks." I said blatantly. "You go take your break, I'll start cleaning up the top shelves."

Rylie gave me her puppy dog eyes.

I gave her a bored look. "That thing stopped working on me a long time ago. Now shoo!"

In a flash, Rylie is gone from the library.

It has been three weeks since that shitty faced Agostini son challenged me and my life has been an actual hell ever since. I have tried everything and I literally mean everything to get out of this house.

My first plan was to ask the guards to let me pass in the exact same manner I had asked the capo for his permission because I believe that everybody deserves some respect irrespective of what they actually work. Instead, those idiotic men called the capo and his brother then they went back to their duties. Adrian cracked a joke or two to ease the tension between us while I kept glaring at his so-called brother who was, not surprisingly, glaring right back at me.

I huffed, he huffed and then we went back to our respective duties.

That was the last time I saw them, not that I care about.

Then I tried jumping by from the window of a random room I was cleaning, held my head high and walked straight out of the main door, back door and adjoining kitchen door, tried sneaking out in the middle of the night, tried jumping straight into the garbage chute in the hopes that I would land straight out of the mansion and didn't care that I would stink, tried running away from the indoor garden (yes, they do have an indoor as well as an outdoor garden. These people are filthy rich) and my recent effort was to start climbing up from the fence while ignoring the shouts and the warnings of the guards who had caught me in my every attempt.