CHAPTER 52: Accidental reunion

"Thank you for choosing McDonald's. We hope you enjoy your meal."

The teenage boy with freckles kept gawking at my chest.

I shoved his package to him and shouted. "Next!"

An old couple came next in line and placed their orders.

I handed them their change. "Here's your change. You can take a seat and I'll call you when your order is ready."

Nobody came in line after that and my shoulders slumped down as I sighed loudly, massaging my shoulders.

"Hey, Amanda. Nick just came over so you can pack up and leave." My coworker, Natalie said from behind as she sprinted and took incharge of the counter beside me.

"You're late." I deadpanned.

She scoffed and wore her cap. "You know how he is. Car broke down in the middle of nowhere, tyre punctured in a smooth flat road and God knows what other excuses."

"So what was today?"

"No gas. Beat him by five minutes. Nick's still changing his clothes and here I am, ready to serve fat in bread buns." Natalie and Nick are siblings. One year apart. "That stupid ass won't sell that cheap metal to make some extra income."

"Hmm." I hummed absentmindedly and counted the cash in the register.

"So I was thinking... actually Nick was hoping you could hang out with us tonight. You know, hit a club, dance, let loose and look after me while I drink my ass off."

I looked at her. "Um, drinks... clubs, not my thing. I'm busy tonight."

"Busy sulking over your ex who dumped you?"

I laughed nervously and shook it off. "Of course not. I have got some things to look up at while eating Chinese food."

"That's fine." She got really close to my ear. "You can explain that to Nick."

Oh God, not with this again.

"Nat, stop playing cupid for your brother. I have no interest in him." I growled lowly.

She raised her arms in surrender and laughed. "Chill. No need to go all macho mode, Amanda. Just looking out for ya. Besides, my brother gets a crush on every girl he sees at first sight. Ugh, speak of that idiot."

"Hello, beautiful lady and my potato faced sister."

"I told you not to call me that!" Natalie hissed.

I took off my apron then faced Nick. I know that he is a great guy – black eyes, golden brown hair, clean jawline, lean shoulders, great personality and makes really good jokes – and I know that Natalie secretly rooted for us to be 'together' together. I knew Nick did too. He was just waiting for me to get over 'my ex who dumped me'.

Little did they know...

"You're late." I informed with a blank face. "The old couple on table six have already placed their orders and I counted the cash in the register. 456 dollars and fifty seven cents. Note that down. Don't be late next time."

"Aye, aye ma'am." He faked a salute and gave me a charming smile.

I took off my McDonald's sign cap. "Oh, and one more thing."

"What?"

"Don't eat the fries."

He chuckled. "I'll try my best."

I locked the door of the bathroom then locked myself in a bathroom stall and took out my new mini TV looking like iPhone.

'Flights to Trento, Italy.'