CHAPTER 35: Boundaries and limits

"My padre's assistant is a forty something, half bald gay man who lives with three cats and he keeps hitting on me!"

I peeked over my laptop and saw capo panting heavily at my doorstep.

"Good evening to you too." I muttered and my eyes went back to the screen.

"And I hate it!"

"And here I was thinking that a knock on my door would actually give me the impression that my privacy would no longer be mine."

"He does it in front of everybody!"

I nodded very slowly. "Right. And I am supposed to arrange a romantic candlelight dinner date for you guys."

"And I cannot fire him or kill him!"

"Friday night sounds good?"

"Adrian finds it funny!"

"Eight o'clock it is."

"My padre knows!"

"Pizza for dinner date? No, no. That's so not your type. I might have to ask our chef about this." I muttered to myself.

"And he doesn't do anything about it!"

"Aha!" I exclaimed and paused the video I was watching. "A traditional Italian cuisine is perfect with slow music and fairy lights. Maybe you guys will hold hands at first then he will ask you for a dance and you'll blush. He'll try to persuade you and you finally say yes. He'll grab your waist and you'll blush again as you guys start dancing. You'll avoid his lovely eyes, but then he will grab your chin and ask if everything is all right then you will blush again because that's the only thing you know. Maybe you guys would also go to corner and do some lip locking with each other and get caught by your dear old daddy himself. Maybe then he might fire your boyfriend of one night!"

He frowned. "I do not get it. I refuse to go out with him because I am straight."

"And I am in middle of a class!" I snapped. "At least have some sense to knock before you start pouring out your frustration of being the centre of attraction to a man because guess what, capo? You are hot. There, I said it again and it is not surprising if you are attracting a man or a woman, but right now you are attracting my growing anger for you! Kindly be patient for another..." I checked the time, "Fourteen minutes and two seconds then we shall talk about your problem. Till then please do make yourself comfortable."

Silently, Leonardo Agostini took a seat on a chair kept in the corner and watched me concentrating on the lady speaking on the screen and writing notes for the next fourteen minutes and two seconds. When the class was finally over, he broke the silence by speaking first.

"I did not see him dropping his boxers for me." He said calmly.

"Pardon?" What is he talking about?

"I said, I did not see him dropping his boxers for me."

"I did hear you, but why would he do that?"

He cocked his head slightly. "Because women do that."

My eyes diluted in confusion. "Wait, what?"

"I give one look to women and they drop their panties for me."

My lips twisted downwards. "I am a woman and I don't see my panties dropping for you."

"Then you are not wearing any." He smirked.

My eyes grew big. I think I just overfilled his already overfilled ego.

I gave him a tight lipped smile. "That's very sweet of you, Leonardo. What are we talking about again?"

He grinned. "Panties."