CHAPTER 40: The surprise

"Holy shit. You guys seeing this place?"

My face is glued to the window as I see the building standing right in front of us. It is a hotel, I know that, but I had no idea that we'd be staying the night in a place like this.

"Holy shit. They have a colourful fountain. I have a weakness for fountains."

"Holy shit! A red carpet."

"Sweet Jesus, I can feel the air conditioning from here." I sighed dreamily.

"Uh... Amy? That was the car. Not the hotel."

"Shut up and keep waiting for our turn, will you?"

"Holy motherfreaking fraking shittake mushrooms! I haven't been in a place like this after I turned fifteen. This is so goddamn amazing." I whispered in awe and wiped out a small drool from my mouth.

This place is the epitome of a perfection and money. I have been to hotels like this only four times in my seventeen year old life back in the States.

"I'm dreaming. I have to be dreaming. I should be dreaming right now." I mumbled to myself and pinched myself. I screamed when I realised that I am not dreaming. "I can't believe I am not dreaming!"

Leonardo laughed. "I did say that we were going to stay the night in a hotel. Here we are."

Leaning over his seat, I gasped as I remembered something. "Holy shit. You own this place?!"

His face fell slightly. "Um, no."

My eyes diluted in confusion. "You don't? But I thought that you had businesses of hotels and baby clothes."

He gave an incredulous look to his brother who was whistling softly. "Seriously? That's what you told her?"

"Don't blame me. I explained her and she understood only that part." Adrian muttered.

"I don't get it. How come we are not going to your hotel?" I asked.

"To avoid suspicion." The Agostini son answered. "As much as I wanted you to see it, word will reach to padre that Adrian and I checked in to that place without any reason. He might find out about you too, so we decided to go someplace else."

I nodded in understanding. "I get it. The truth is, I was expecting a motel for the night and not this! This is beyond my expectation."

"There is a motel two blocks down the road. It's nice and cozy. We can go there. There is no need to stay here." Adrian said.

"Adrian..." His brother warned. "Remember what I said earlier in the morning? I would appreciate it if you do it again."

"Do what?"

"Nothing." He shook his head. "Just ignore him as he throws tantrums about this place. He's just jealous."

Tantrums? What in the world is he talking about?

"He is a fucking child!" Adrian snapped. "A child who got some inheritance as toys from his nonno!"

Oh. That tantrum.

Leonardo sighed. "Adrian, he is just a year younger than me. You shouldn't say things like these."

"I still don't trust that guy. I'm telling you, Leo. He doesn't know anything about business and he will screw up big!"

I exhaled sharply. "You might wanna explain me about things happening here."

"It's not a big deal. Adrian is just jealous of the owner of this hotel. Adrian thinks he is much more successful than him only at the age of twenty five. Even though we are his major investors, my dear brother is always opposing him. Padre simply told him to shut up and he has been insulting and throwing tantrums behind their backs since then. It's quite annoying." Leonardo whispered cautiously in my ears and smirked. "By the way, welcome to my team. Now you get to hear him too."