CHAPTER 10: Permission to escape

"Rylie, get lost!"

"Rylie, give that to me!"

"You bitch! Leave me alone!"

Rylie sighed dramatically and tossed the pillow back to me. I buried my face in it.

"Go away," My voice is muffled. "I'm not hungr—ouch!" I winced and rubbed my head, glaring at the innocent faced, brown doe eyed woman. Rylie threw her notepad on my face and pointed at it sternly.

'YOU NEED TO EAT!! YOU HAVEN'T HAD A PROPER MEAL IN AGES!'

I scoffed. "It's not ages. It's just four days and I have had a proper meal..." I paused, trying to remember when I had a proper meal, "...five days ago."

She furiously motioned me to turn the page.

'YOU WILL GET SICK! WEAK! AND I WILL NOT TAKE CARE OF A WEAK AMELIA!'

I gave her a bored look. "Then don't. I can take care of myself."

Rylie simply crossed her arms and roamed her eyes on my body, taking in my attire from head to toe. I was in my nightgown for four days, my waist long hair was absolutely ruffled up and probably looked like a bird's nest. My eyes are bloodshot due to excessive crying and have bags under it. The bruises in my arms are slowly fading away, but they are still visible and I continue to cover them with my sleeves, ashamed to have a look at my failed plan.

In short, I stink because I hadn't taken a shower for four days.

And I haven't been doing my so-called duties of a housekeeper and a cleaner ever since my last encounter with the Agostini son.

I haven't been out of my room since that night. I haven't had a proper brink of sleep and I always end up crying whenever I look at those three giant metal bars on the window. Rylie found out about my sleep deprived state on the next night after I met the capo in the kitchen. I just couldn't sleep because whenever I would close my eyes, images of my parents, brother and friends appear.

I miss them so much. I had one plan, one perfect plan to reunite with them and it got ruined.

I have never felt so hopeless in seven years. When I woke up here, I felt lost but I never felt hopeless because I knew that I have my whole life ahead of me in America and ending up in a European country is just a hardship and struggle of my life here.

I have been struggling here for so long that I have forgotten what it feels like to run in an open ground or go shopping.

"Rylie..." I sighed, "Just go to work and leave me alone for some more time. I promise, I'll be there for dinner tonight."

She shook her head, took her notepad from the bed, quickly scribbled something on it and showed it to me.

'Do whatever you want to do. I'm calling Louisa.'

I groaned mentally only thinking about the lectures of a proper meal Louisa will give me when she'll see me in this state.

"Fine, go. Call that grandma!" I shouted.

"Who are you to call me grandma?" I looked behind Rylie and saw Louisa standing on our doorstep, cross armed and her forehead showing wrinkles as her pale blue eyes narrowed at me. She was wearing her usual apron on her uniform. "I'm only fifty one."

I banged my head on the pillow in frustration. "Just leave me alone, will ya? I am already having too much in my life."

Louisa sighed loudly and her eyes softened. "Rylie, get to work. I'll take care of this girl."

Rylie scurried off from the room.

Suddenly, I heard Louisa sniffing loudly.

"Mio Dio, what is that smell?"