O N E

~Hogwarts Express~

                      ~Hogwarts Express~

TW: Mentions of abuse.

I caught sight of my reflection as I washed my hands in the Hogwarts Express bathroom. My eyes flew to my stomach where I knew a darkening bruise lay-sensitive and painful. I bit my lower lip as I slowly unbuttoned my shirt to reveal the large purple mark.

Purple welts were scattered across the side of my stomach, it was as if the bruise was mocking me for being weak and pathetic; never trying to stand up for myself. Bringing my wand in my trembling hand to my discoloured injury, casting a quick healing spell, the bruise faded like the last petals of summer.

My fingers traced over the healed skin, the contact no longer making me wince. I let out a small huff before doing up my shirt again, fixing my robes and hair straight after. My brown locks settled just above my waist, cascading down my back in a wavy matter. My hazel eyes let a little hint of green show from around my iris, the colour piercing.

I tried not to look at the small cut just under my left eyebrow.

Nolan and I have been together for just under a year. It was good at the start, we were just a normal, loving couple and Nolan was the perfect boyfriend. He would always tell me how beautiful I looked or how he felt so lucky to have me. We were happy. But that all changed once Nolan and his family started getting involved with Voldemort.

That's when things started to change in our relationship. He would hardly ever pay that much attention to me unless it was to do with sex or other guys getting a little to close with me for his liking. His anger took a toll on him-he mostly took that anger out on me. At first it was just cruel words, he would lash out at me at the most random of times, if I did something that would irritate him he would yell at me and say harsh comments. Then he started to get physical.

I remember the first time he ever hit me just under 3 months ago. I was helping Theodore Nott study for his next potions test in the library. Everything was going great until Nolan found us, and he was furious. He ordered for me to leave with him, saying it was important and I complied. Once we were in an empty hallway with no one around he had forced me against the wall and landed a harsh slap on my face. My body had fallen to the floor from the unexpected and painful gesture, tears in my eyes.

He has always been the protective type-but not in a good way. He wouldn't allow other guys near what he claimed as his-only those he trusted.

They were Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini. I was part of a friend group of 5. Me, Nolan, Draco, Blaise and Mila-all slytherins of course, not that house or blood purity mattered to me but it did to some. Mostly Draco and Nolan.

Mila was my best friend, we had been since first year when we met at the sorting ceremony. Mila was the wild type, always full of excitement and confidence. She was the life of the group, the one we could count on to lighten up the mood. She was also bisexual and had many relationships with both genders in the past, not to mention she was a massive flirt-charming anyone she wanted.