T W O

~Potions~

~Potions~

TW: Mentions of violence and sexual actions.

"That train ride took fucking forever!" Mila exclaimed and fell backwards on her bed in our dorm. I laughed before opening my trunk to start unpacking for the term.

"You're just impatient and can't stay in one place if there aren't drinks involved." I teased as I placed my folded clothes into the wardrobe.

Mila sat up and threw a pillow in my direction but completely missed causing me to burst out laughing. "You act like I'm an alcoholic." She rolled her eyes.

I raised an eyebrow at her, knowing that it is actually a problem for her.

She let out a defeated huff. "Okay, yes I am but I'm working on it." She slipped off her shirt to find something more comfortable to wear for bed. "Well, I'll be working on it after Wednesday night."

My brows furrowed as I sent her a confused look. "What's Wednesday night?" I asked.

She removed her skirt and stepped into a pair of pyjama bottoms. "The guys are having a little group thing, there will be drinks, drugs and all sorts."

"Oh." I muttered. I've never been one to drink, I always prefer to be sober to tell my friends all the stupid things they do when they're drunk. What I'm worried about is Nolan. When he's drunk he can be...unpredictable, I never know what's coming. His anger raises to a high—it can be quite frightening.

"Is everything alright?" Mila asked in a more serious tone as she slipped under her covers. "You seemed a bit tense on the train, is everything okay with you and Nolan?"

No, no it's not. It hasn't been 'alright' in a long time. But I can't tell her that, I can't tell anyone—not with what Nolan threatened me with. Truth be told, I'm trapped. Trapped in a relationship that isn't healthy for me, without any escape.

"I- yes." I shook my head. "Yes everything is fine." Is all I said.

Mila squinted her eyes at me, deep down I could sense she was worred—but I couldn't let her be. Everything was fine right? Nolan just had some issues, we all do. I was helping him.

"Mila," I raised both my brows. "It's all good, I promise you." A small smile found it's way onto my lips, but not reaching my eyes.

"Are you sure? Because you know I'll beat the shit out of tha-"

"I said everything's good, okay?" I said a little louder, a more serious tone revealing itself in my voice. Mila looked a bit taken back, I was never really one to snap these days. I learned that the hard way from Nolan if I got to 'bitchy' as he would call it.

I let out a long sigh. "Look, I'm sorry for raising my voice, I'm just tired and need to sleep." I said, changing into my pyjamas and sliding into bed.