T H I R T Y- T H R E E

TW: Mentions of rape and mentions of death.

~Snow~

They didn't mean to fall asleep on the chair, but the stress they felt forced slumber to take over them both. It was cold, without a blanket covering their skin it made them shiver slightly. The chill was stronger than usual, it was winter, yes, but the breeze flowing into the room was stronger than before. Athea's eyes slowly peeled open as she yawned, rubbing them to wake herself up. She was still straddling Draco where he slept with a slight wrinkle between his brows from the tension he had been feeling.

She licked her lips before bringing her thumb up to the wrinkle to smooth it out, and the instance she ran it along the crease, his eyes opened.

"Sorry." She mumbled and pulled her hand away. "I didn't mean to wake you."

Draco shook his head and grabbed her hand, bringing it so his cheek was in her palm. "You're always so warm." He said, his voice raspy from just waking up. "How are you always so warm?"

A red shade covered her cheeks as she looked away and shrugged. "You, I think." She met his eyes. "You make me warm."

Smiling, he kissed her knuckles lightly. "How are you feeling?" He asked with concern. "I know you may not want to talk about it but-"

"I'm okay." She nodded and glided her finger along his jaw. "Now that I'm with you I'm okay. I'm not going to let it bother me too much. I'm sick of other people affecting me, them days are behind me. What Flint did was vile, and I know he'll-"

"Get what he deserves." Draco finished, his body tensing underneath her. "And if the school doesn't do anything about him, I'll kill the fucker myself-"

"Draco." She stopped him, playing with the hair at the back of his head. "You can't do that. You can't hurt people because of me, it's dangerous-"

"I don't care." He muttered, wrapping his arms around her waist. "He touched you. I said that I'll kill anyone that touches you and I wasn't lying when I said it." He kissed her softly. "You're mine."

Athea couldn't control how her body rushed with joy as he said those words. She tucked her head into the space between his neck and collarbone to hide her wide smile as they relaxed in each other's company. A few moments went by with Draco running his hand along the top of her head, nearly causing Athea to fall asleep again until he spoke. "It's snowing.

Lifting her head, Athea squinted at the window, watching as small snowflakes fell from the sky. She smiled. "I love the snow. Do you?"

"I tolerate it." He mumbled and moved so he was more comfortable on the chair. "As a kid I enjoyed it. I would have snowball fights with my house elves when my father wasn't around." He looked at her. "Now I see no purpose for snow."

"It's pretty. You have to admit." She said, still looking out the window.

"You're pretty." Draco murmured.

Her heart bloomed as her gaze snapped to his, he was watching her, really watching her. Draco always looked at her in ways no one else did-like she was the most important person in the world. Like she was living proof of perfection.

"So are you." She smiled shyly, eyeing him underneath her lashes.

Draco smirked and kissed the tip of her nose as he ran his hands over her arms, his brows furrowed when he felt the goosebumps standing up on her skin. "Are you cold?"

She shrugged. "Only a little." She wasnt, he just always made her nervous.

Digging his hand into his pockets, he pulled out his wand and cast a warming spell on the room. "Better?" He asked.