T H I R T Y‐T W O

~Lies~

TW: mentions of rape.

"Athea?" Mila whispered as she lightly shook the sleeping girl's shoulder. "Wake up."

Athea groaned, her eyes felt as if they were glued shut—sore and aching when she tried to open them. "Mhm." She hummed, acknowledging her friend.

"I'm going to breakfast, are you coming?"

Athea curled up into her bed, bringing the covers over her face to block out the bright light beaming from the window. "Not today." She mumbled.

Mila sighed and gathered her bags. "I'll come check up on you during my free period, okay?" She watched as the blanket moved slightly near Athea's head and she assumed it was a nod. She didn't want to force her friend to come to class, especially when she wasn't feeling her best. After Athea's episode last night, Mila came to the conclusion that she wouldn't attend classes the next day. Sometimes you just needed a day to yourself to gather your thoughts and arrange your emotions.

Walking through the girls' dormitories, she knocked on a certain door and waited a few seconds until it opened. "Hey!" Pansy beamed as she closed the door behind her. "How come we didn't hang out last night?"

Pansy intertwined their hands as they walked into the common room. She blushed—Mila had never really been in a real relationship. The closest thing that came to mind was her fling with Hermione, however the gryffindor never was affectionate with her in public, almost as if she was embarrassed. Pansy though, could care less.

"Athea wasn't feeling that well." She answered as they exited the common room. "You're not upset that we couldn't hang out are you—"

"Hun," Pansy interrupted. "If your best friend wasn't well then you should be there for her, not with me." She smiled and turned a corner. "Is she not coming to classes today?"

"No, I think I best if—"

"Clancey!" A raised voice called from behind her, and Mila turned to seek them out, watching as Draco came towards them. "Avalon—is she...is she alright?"

Mila frowned. "I'm not completely sure. She's hardly said anything since last night, she's just slept." Draco's eyes moved to stare at the wall across from them. "She'll get back up on her feet, don't worry, she always does. You know how strong she is."

Draco nodded and clenched his fists. "Do you remember what you said that might have triggered her?"

Mila thought back into her memories. "We were just talking like normal, about school and our relationships and she started panicking" She shrugged. "I can't think of anything specific."

"Right, just—tell her to talk to me, yeah? I don't want to barge into her room and ask what's going on in that bleeding brain of hers." Mila nodded and watched as Draco left, turning around a corner that led to no classrooms. Strange.

"He's been acting different lately, don't you think?" Pansy asked as they sat down in the great hall.

Mila shrugged her shoulders and added different foods to her plate. "I guess. I'm closer to Athea though and I've noticed a change in her since she found out You-know—" She slammed her mouth shut, quickly.

"Found out what?" Pansy asked with curious eyes.

"Nothing!" Theo blurted from across the Slytherin table, glaring at Mila. "What she meant was how Athea's sisters death anniversary is coming up, and she's probably upset about that."

"Oh." Pansy frowned. "That's terrible. I'll make sure to send her something as support."

Mila sighed, wishing that she wasn't always so oblivious sometimes.