E L E V E N

An extra long chapter!

And when the dancing sequence comes on, if you want the full experience play 'give me love' by ed sheeran—make sure its the lyric video above.

I'll put a little note when to start it!

Tw: abuse.

~Ball~

My room has always been my escape. Throughout my whole manor there isn't one place that warms me more than my own space. My room is the only place in the large mansion that I can truly hide away from my troubles. Growing up, I barely left. I felt safer in these four walls than any other setting that included my parents presence. Luckily, they never really entered my room—so I found it somewhat pleasant to be in.

It may not be the most beautiful room, I wasn't allowed to decorate it as a child, but it was still my room. I had something that I could call mine—and I adored that.

I don't have many things to call my own, usually it's the other way round...I am someone else's. But, I've become familiar to that now. After these many years of being controlled, it's hard to imagine it any other way. I'm dependent on other people because that's how I was brought up—I can't imagine life any other way.

Freedom is a funny thing.

As I watch the mass of birds soar through the navy clouded sky, I couldn't help but wonder what that must feel like. The wind crashing against my very skin, adrenaline high from a fast fly and amusement.

I've always wondered what it was like to fly.

Maybe one day I'll find out. But for now, it will continue to be a shadowing dream.

As the cold kissed my skin, I closed my eyes and took a deep inhale through my buttoned nose. I loved moments like these, just me on my balcony—breathing in the brisk winter air, even if it's just for a short amount of time. I still cherished these lost peaceful minutes.

Letting out a long exhale, I turned to return to my room, falling down onto the plush bedding. It was winter break. I guess you could say I was never very fond of the two weeks that I had to return home—not to mention the Christmas ball my parents throw every year.

At least one hundred people would show up for the party—all pureblood family and friends. My parents were select like that—believed that anything other than being pureblood was a disgrace. They of course thought I was the same—I had to make them believe I was prejudice when in reality I wasn't.

My eyes floated over to my nightstand where a dark blue covered book sat neatly. A small smile crept onto my lips as my hues hovered over it—the book Robin gifted me. I hadn't had the chance to read all of the pages just yet, only the first few chapters.

It was about a woman, a strong woman, who went against everything that conquered over her freedom. She was trapped, alone, lost. Then she broke free—as said in the blurb.