T W E L V E

~Christmas~

                             ~Christmas~

I found myself sitting on the highest balcony of my manor. The cold air was stronger from this high up—it brushed through my previously styled hair, causing it to lose its curl.

My head felt stuffy, my limbs not even my own. The amount of drinks I had endured had certainly effected my once sober state. But, the alcohol did help— the thought of Nolan with the girl no longer bothered me as much as before. It was just a problem that my non-intoxicated self would have to deal with.

Night had fallen fast upon the land. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon.

I could still hear the mass of chatter from far below me, including the booming music played with magic. The time read 8pm—people would most likely be leaving in the next hour or so.

I always preferred night time over daytime. It was a lot more peaceful. The night was a special kind of darkness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. It was a warm black that hugged you no matter what, and within it's safety I could feel my own soul all the more clearly, that innocent spark.

I didn't even register the body that sat next to me, my head blurry and fuzzy.

"So, how come you're up here by yourself?" The person asked, and I took note that it was a boy. But, I kept my eyes forward—continuing to admire the crystallized dots in the dark sky.

"Just thinking." I replied bluntly, placing my elbow on my crossed knees to rest my head in my palm.

"About what?" The boy said, he sat an arm's length away from me.

I sighed loudly, leaning back to rest my palms on the floor and look into the sky above me. "Just life, how different things would be if I was someone else—how things would change." I slurred, closing my eyes to breathe in the winter air.

"And why would you want things to be different?" He asked.

I let out a laugh, but not a humorous one—more like a painful one. "Because my life is fucked up, always has been and always will. I don't have anyone to help me throughout it, just feels shit, you know."

I heard the boy shift closer towards me, forcing me to peal open my eyes to look at him. "How is it fucked up?" Draco asked me, the cold air causing his pointed nose to become slightly pink.

I vividly remember the dance we shared just a few hours ago, when we came so close to kissing. If I wasn't so drunk right now I'd probably leave—but the alcohol has given me a drop of confidence.

I shook my head, holding a drunk smile. "You know Draco." I looked away from him. "I know you do."

I knew that he was aware of Nolan's actions, and I knew that once tomorrow morning came around I'd regret saying that. I just somewhat admitted to him what he has been aware of for a while now.