Chapter 11

Ankita's P.O.V.

I was shocked when Ayaan asked Preeti to sit next to him but what was more shocking for me was the fact that she listened. He faced his back to me and looked at her. "What do you study?" he asked her. "Business management," she said. "Wow! So does this mean that some day you can become the CEO of some huge business?" he asked. She smiled or rather, blushed at this. "Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked. She bent her head and said, "No." He took her hand and held it as she blushed. "Why don't we hang out some time?" he asked. "Preeti!" I yelled at her. She looked at me and asked, "What happened?" "What are you doing?" I asked gritting my teeth. Ayaan turned to me and said, "I am only asking her out. Why? Do you have a problem with that?" "Yes!" I said. He raised one of his eyebrows and asked, "Why? Are you getting jealous?" My heart raced. "I am not! But I don't want my friend going out with you! You are disgusting!" I said. "Oh please! You are not her mother, father or guardian. She will make her own decision," he said turning back to her, "Right?" She smiled and nodded like a puppet. "I would love to go out with you some time," she said. "Great!" he said. He turned his head to me and I could see the nasty smirk he had on his face. "Oh God Preeti! I only hope that you know what you are doing!" I said in my mind. He turned back to her and began using some of the most cheesy pickup lines and this girl, like she lost all her respect, kept laughing on. The entire way, I had to listen to this. I couldn't even listen music since my phone's battery had finished and I didn't bring my power bank. Finally, we reached Manali and it was at around 10 o' clock. Getting out of the bus, the cold breeze made me tremble immediately and it felt so good to have them touch my body once more. I felt as if I was back in Maa's embrace here once more. I walked into the compound where we were to be staying and looked at the multiple rooms. Princy came and stood in front of us and announced, "Welcome to Manali everyone! I hope that you all have an enjoyable stay here. We have especially booked this place since it is perfect for all our activities. Now, there will be two person staying in each room and no one is to complain about the person they are staying with. This will help you all in the socializing."

Turning to Mr. Prakash, he took a piece of paper and began reading two names for each room. Luckily, I had to share a room with Preeti. I knew that they wouldn't have had a boy and girl stay together. "Now everyone, you all can get some rest. I know that you all must be very tired. The fun will begin tomorrow! Good night," Princy said. Everyone began dispersing to their rooms. I went to Room 7 which was my room with Preeti and began unpacking my bag. Preeti came in rubbing her hands with the cold. She looked at me with a smile and came running to me, hugging me. "Ankita!!!! We are in Manali!!!" she screamed. I pushed her away and looked at her angrily. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked. "What's wrong? Like seriously? What were you doing on the bus with Ayaan?" I asked. She frowned and picked up her bag. Resting it on the bed next to mine, she said, "Hey, just because you have a problem with him doesn't mean that I can't be friends with him." I was taken aback and a bit hurt at her words. I nodded and turned around to continue unpacking my stuff. Suddenly, from behind, she came and hugged me. "I'm sorry," she said. I felt better. "But that doesn't mean that I am going to cancel my date with Ayaan. He's so cute!" she said. "I didn't stop you from going with him. Just don't tell him anything about me if he asks," I said. "Why would he ask about you?" she asked. "I am just saying. Suppose he is only using you to try to get to me," I said. "Ok! Wait a minute! Why would he do that?" she asked surprised. I turned to her and said, "I told you. To get to me." She shook her head and said, "I'm sure you must be overthinking. Ayaan isn't that bad." I nodded and knew that she wouldn't understand. After all, Ayaan have such sweet talked her. "I am going to get some sleep! I am so tired," she said yawning. I turned and looked at her laying on the bed. After finishing with my unpacking, I took a shawl and went outside. There was a small bonfire in the middle of the camp with some seat around it. Though there was no fire lighting, I went and sat on one of the logs. Tomorrow, I will make it my duty to go home and see my house. The house which I was born and brought up in. My childhood home. I know that it will be the same way. The only difference would be that Maa won't be standing at the door, waiting for me to return from school.