Chapter 25

Ankita's P.O.V.

After Ayaan left with his parents, I went to my room and took out my diary. Sitting on my bed, I opened it to the next blank page and wrote,

'I know what you must be thinking, I have been very busy lately. Actually, not really, I went to Uncle Jason and Aunty Sheila's house yesterday and couldn't find time to write. To be honest, it was great! They are just as lovely as they were years ago. But when I reached back to the camp, Ayaan acted strange. He thought that I came back too late and began questioning me like my boyfriend. To tell you the truth, of course I loved it. Seeing his concern and worry for me made a place in my heart. But it was also confusing. I asked the simple question if that was a confession of love but instead of answering me, he asked for twenty-four hours. I mean, if he loved me then why did he need an entire day. But then, I don't think that these decisions can be made easily. I am only waiting for that moment when he says what's in his heart to me. Truly, I can't wait another moment for that moment. I am too impatient. This is normal, right?'

I closed the book since Preeti came into the room and looked at me taken aback at first and then normal. Shaking her head, she sat on her bed and asked, "Why do you need to keep a diary? You have so many people to speak to. Then why?" I smiled and pushed it into my bag. "Because it gives me peace of mind," I said. I turned to her and hugged my knees. "I think I should start writing too," she said. "Why?" I asked. "I think that perhaps this can calm my mind," she said with a frown. Understanding the direction she was going, I decided that I have to stop her at once and said, "Come on, let's go!" I stood up and she looked at me confused. "Where?" she asked. "To get tea," I said. Shaking her head, she said, "No Ankita. I am not in a mood to drink tea." "What does tea have to do with mood? Tea is tea and if you are so worried about the mood, then tea is the perfect thing to set the mood right," I said holding her arm. I forcefully pulled her up and we left the camp. Reaching Sandu's stall, we sat down and gave him our order. Looking at Preeti, I said, "Look how quickly your mood will get better." "I don't know Ankita. My heart doesn't feel anything," she said depressed. I frowned and said, "I know what you are going through. Trust me, I do. But sulking isn't going to fix anything, is it? You have get out and live a bit. Just like before." She smiled a bit and Sandu brought our tea. "How are you ma'am?" Sandu asked. "I'm great! And you and your family?" I asked. "Everyone is good ma'am," he said. "That's nice," I said. I looked at Preeti as he went back to his pot. I sipped the tea and it gave my body the warmth needed from the cold. I looked around at the place with a smile. "Ayaan," I heard Preeti whisper. It immediately caught my attention and turned around. Ayaan was with his parents shopping in the town and didn't even realise that we were here. My heart beat increased with just his name. I don't know what will happen tonight. If he does express that he loves me, how will I face him? This mere thought made me redden as I blushed.

"What happened to you?" Preeti asked. I shook my head. "Why are you turning so rosy red?" she asked. "The tea," I lied. She smiled and I slightly turned my head to see Ayaan. He was like a little child with his parents, carrying them to every store and coming out with bags. I smiled and felt like meeting him that same moment. But what excuse do I use so that Preeti doesn't suspect me? I hugged my body while thinking about an idea and then it came to me. I smiled and quickly placed the tea aside. "Come on," I said standing up. I pulled out some money from my pocket and held her hand. Running into the town, I looked around and ignored Preeti's repeating question as to why did I suddenly bring her here. I finally spotted a vendor who was selling winter scarfs and I pointed saying, "There!" I ran up to the vendor and Preeti followed me. I pretended to look at scarfs while looking into the shop at Ayaan and his parents, but mostly Ayaan. He was so handsome! I smiled at my childish behaviour and played with the scarfs in my hands while looking at him. Suddenly, my staring was interrupted when Preeti asked me rudely, "Are you here to play with the scarfs or are you going to purchase one?" I came back to my senses and said, "Yes, I am buying it." Handing it to the vendor, I said, "Pack it." I paid and since Ayaan and his parents didn't leave the shop as yet, I pretended to look at more. "Ankita," Preeti said shaking my shoulder, "Are you planning to buy the entire shop?" I frowned and scolded, "When you are indecisive about what to buy, I don't say anything. In fact, you scold me to buy clothes more often and when I am doing so, you have a problem." I looked at Ayaan cashing for his items and decided that this was the right time. Throwing the scarf back at the vendor, I said to Preeti with a fake anger, "I am not buy anything again. Let's go." Just as we turned around to leave, I heard Ayaan from behind me, "Ankita? Preeti?" I smiled and stopped. Turning back to him, I said, "Hi!" "Hey, what are you guys doing here?" he asked.

Showing him the bag, I said, "I was just buying a scarf." His parents came out of the store and looked at me with a smile. "Hello, we meet again," his mother said. I smiled. "You guys shopping?" she asked. "A little bit. We're trying to," I said looking at Ayaan. "That's nice," she said. Ayaan looked at me with a smirk. Suddenly, Preeti's phone began ringing and she answered saying, "I'm coming." Turning back to me, she said, "Ani, I have to go. Pihu is calling me back. I'll see you later." I nodded and looked at her leaving. Ayaan turned to his parents and said, "Mom, Dad, let's go over there." Turning to me, he said, "I'll see you later." He left me standing there without saying anything else and I frowned and dropped my shoulders. I looked at them walking across the street and going into another shop. Oh God! What excuse do I find to go into a household shop? And if I do, Ayaan will figure out that I am following him. Looking around, I noticed a cotton candy guy on that side of the street. I smiled and crossed the street. Stopping the man just in front of the shop which Ayaan was inside, I looked at the colours the man had. Playing to decide which one I want, I peeped now and then into the shop but saw no one. Finally, when I realised that I wasted enough of the man's time, I bought one and stood outside the shop. Through the transparent glass door, I saw them coming outside. Quickly, I turned around and faced my back to them to act normal. Hoping that Ayaan talks to me, I waited for a while and then when no one was talking to me, I turned and see them walking away. They were heading for a cafe and I frowned and stomped my foot on the ground. How can I go into a cafe with no one? Ayaan will surely catch me. I pouted angrily and looked around. I saw no one whom I could have asked so I decided to take the risk and go inside. I went and looked around. Spotting Ayaan and his family, I went and sat at a table a bit distant from them but from where I could still see Ayaan properly.

I took up the menu and held it over my face, only exposing my eyes. I stared at Ayaan laughing and talking with his parents. "Excuse me ma'am, can I take your order?" someone disturbed me by asking. "Not now, later," I said. "Can I bring you a glass of water then?" he asked. I put the menu down and looked at him annoyed. "Do I look like I want water? Get lost! When I am ready to order, then I will call you," I said. He left quietly and I looked back at Ayaan's table only to see him looking at me with amusement. I quickly acted normal and took up the menu and scanned through it with my eyes. He continued to chat with his parents without looking at me. Slowly, I took out my phone and snapped a picture with him. His eyes fell on me and I looked at the menu. Looking at his watch, he said something to his parents and then got up. The three of them left and I sat there with the menu in my hand. I frowned and leaned back. "What is this! He didn't even wave at me! I wasted my time following him around! Like a stupid teenager!" I said to myself. To my surprise, Ayaan came back to my table and looked at me. Quickly, I took up the menu and called back the waiter. The first number my eyes fell on, I ordered that. Ayaan looked at me with a smile. "Are you sure that you want this?" he asked. "Yes, why wouldn't I want it?" I asked, "And what are you doing back here? Where are your parents?" "They took the taxi back to the hotel. I left one of my bags here so I came back for it," he said sitting opposite me. "Why are you sitting here?" I asked. "I can't?" he asked. "No!" I said abruptly. He smiled at me. "I mean, it's a public place. You can sit wherever you like," I said. "Exactly," he said. I looked at him with a smile. "By the way, what are you doing here?" he asked. I looked at him with a frown as I couldn't tell him the truth. "I...I..." I stammered. "You...I got that part. Continue," he said. The waiter brought back my order and placed it in front of me. I thought of it as being saved and quickly took it up and took a mouthful however I couldn't swallow it.

It was bitter! Without thinking, I spat it back out in the cup and looked at the waiter angrily. "Don't blame him. He brought the same thing you ordered," Ayaan said to me. I frowned and said, "Me! I will order black coffee!" He nodded. He pointed to the menu card and I looked at it. He was right, in my nervousness, I ordered black coffee. I looked at him embarrassed. God, what he must be thinking about me! I frowned as he stood up and said, "I'll see you tonight." With that, he left chuckling and shaking his head. I pouted angrily and left the money for the coffee and went back to the camp. Reaching to my room, I frowned and sat on my bed. Thinking about what I did, I began smiling. I acted like a teenager following around their crush in the market. Taking out my phone, I looked at the picture I snapped with Ayaan and smiled. I got up and went and stood at the mirror. Admiring myself in the mirror, I began humming the tune of the line Ayaan sang earlier, 'Kaise hua. Kaise hua. Tum itna zaroori kaise hua.' I smiled thinking about how did Ayaan become so important to me. How did this happen? 

_____________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you all enjoyed that update! Here's your quote, 'There is someone for everyone. Just a bit of patience and you will find him/her.' That's original by the way! Until we meet again! Bye!