Chapter 51

Ankita's P.O.V. 

Unable to think anything, I sat on the ground with my tears continuing to pour out my eyes. Rohan came and held onto me saying, "Ankita, get up. Wear some clothes." "I don't want anything. I have lost everything," I said. "We have to figure out how this happened. We have to prove our innocence," he said. I looked at him nodding at me and I took some of his strength and got up. He was already dressed and I took my clothes and went to the washroom and changed there. I looked at my neck and saw all the bites and felt even more disgusted with myself. My lip bled from Dad's slap and taking a napkin, I wiped it away. I went back to Rohan and he said, "Both of us had that juice and after that all this happened. I'm sure that someone must have spiked that juice." "That's not possible because Ayaan sent it for me," I said. "Exactly! The actual person who sent it won't reveal their name but to ensure that you drink it, they would say Ayaan," he said. His words made sense. I began to get ray of hope that this was all a plan to put me down perhaps. "But who would do this?" He asked. "I know who did this," I said. I left the room with my blood boiling at Shanaya. If there is one person who benefitted from and took advantage of this, it's her. I barged into her room and held her hand. Walking down to the lobby, she tried all how to release her hand but I wasn't going to. "Ankita, what craziness is this? Let go of my hand," she said. Thankfully, Ayaan and his family were in the lobby, checking out of the hotel and with one tug, I pulled Shanaya from behind me and threw her in front. Everyone gave me their attention with frowns. Looking at her, I said, "Bark, tell the truth to everyone that this is your plan." "Ankita..." Mrs. Kapoor said behind me but I lifted my hand and silenced her. "Not today. Today, no one is going to interrupt. No one!" I yelled. 

Turning back to Shanaya, I said, "Isn't it strange that only after the juice you sent to my room I started feeling dizzy? Not only me but Rohan as well. And which hotel plants a secret camera in a room? Don't you think that this is all planned?" "You're right," Ayaan said. Looking at Shanaya with a frown, he came and stood between us. With his back to my face, he said to her, "Absolutely right. I'm sure that that juice was spiked. And who could have done this more than one person?" My hope began getting back itself as Ayaan was listening to my points and agreeing with me. "Who plants a secret camera in a room?" He asked her. Turning to me, he said, "If you are planning to stoop any lower, then just tell me. I don't have time for your nonsense." I look at him shocked. "Are you saying that the person who sent you the juice spiked it? Then here I am in front of you. Punish me. It's I who sent that glass of juice for you. So are you saying that I spiked it?" he said. I was out of words. "As for the cameras. No one planted any secret camera in your room but we got footage from the CCTV cameras of the hotel," he said gritting his teeth, "Not everything in life is a movie plot Miss Ankita Kapoor. Accept the fact that you lost everything and everyone you love and who loved you because of your lust." "Enough!" Rohan shouted behind. Coming to me, he held onto my hand and an angry Ayaan looked at it. "You know what Ayaan? From day one I knew that you were nothing but a spoilt brat. You were never worthy of getting Ankita's love. But you did. And today, you have proved that you don't deserve anyone's love, respect and trust. If you want to leave Ankita, then go," he said and my grip on his had tightened as my heart ached, "Leave her alone. When you leave her life, her good times will start then." Ayaan looked at me furious. 

His mother came up to me and I lowered my eyes. "No one has ever insulted my son in the way you two have today. I will make sure that none of you forget this. And if unfortunately we meet again in the future, I will make sure that neither of you remain happy," she said. "Let's go Mom. It's useless trying to teach anything to mannerless and disgusting people," he said. He turned around and left with his family and Rohan held onto me. Shanaya smirked and came to me saying, "So sad. You know what? Let me clear your doubts. I spiked your drink indeed. But the juice, the juice was really sent by Ayaan. Do you think I am so dumb to plant a secret camera in your room and trap myself? Initially, that was my plan but then Mom explained to me that if we do get caught, the blame would obviously come onto us. So, I changed my plan and used the CCTV footage from the hotel's own cameras. I planned a 'Ankita's Grand Welcome' and showed it to everyone in the party. Your schoolmates, classmates, Princy, everyone. But even if you try now, nothing can be done. Because spiking your drink and all that is on one side and you actually sleeping with Rohan on your engagement night is on another. Despite all my planning and stuff, you can't change the fact that you have deceived Ayaan." My heart skipped a beat when she said this. "Come Shanaya, let's go. You don't need to talk to strangers," Mrs. Kapoor said to her. "Ever since you came into our lives we have been trying day and night to get you out. Finally, God has smiled upon us," she said with disgust and left. As they moved out, I looked at Pihu, Preeti and Vicky standing and looking at me. Preeti came to me and hugged me tightly. Breaking the hug, she said, "No matter what anyone say, we know the relationship you have with Rohan and will never question it. We are with you." I broke down and sobbed profusely as they all stood with me.