Chapter 4

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

I laid my head quietly on Mom's lap when Dad came into the room saying, "So you are the handsome guy who is keeping my wife away from me?" He came and sat next to Mom on my bed and looked at me. I raised my head and looked at both of them. "My Mom isn't leaving me to go anywhere. You can sleep alone tonight," I said. "Hmm...I was now listening to the wonderful time you youngsters had at the function today," he said. I knew that Aarav must have spilled everything about what happened. I shook my head with a frown. "Am I missing something?" Mom asked. Dad and I looked at her silently. If she finds out what I did to that girl, it could be whatever reason, she would definitely scold me. Chuckling nervously, Dad said, "It's nothing. Aarav was only telling me about what they did, what they ate and drank. Right son?" I lowered my eyes embarrassed. "And Aarav isn't planning on going home tonight?" She said. "He has left already," Dad said. She shook her head saying, "These four youngsters. God knows what goes on in their minds." Dad and I only smiled at her comment. Patting my shoulder, she said, "Come on, get up. Don't you have to go to school tomorrow? Hit the bed." She got up and looked at Dad sitting on the bed. "And you! Don't you have to go to work tomorrow?" She said sternly. I was amused at Dad's face. "Dad go to sleep otherwise you might have to sleep on the sofa tonight," I said teasingly. He stood up and said, "Good night son." "Good night," I said. They left my room and I locked my door. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Closing my eyes, one face came before me. That girl! Not wanting to see her, I quickly opened back my eyes and sat up on my bed. What does she think of herself? I'm sure that she was lying when she said that her father was wealthy. That's how those girls are, all of them run behind me for my father's wealth. She's just another one. But I still have to avenge my insult. I will find out her entire history tomorrow first thing and then will begin, her punishment.

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I reached home close to midnight and began sneaking into the house. I took off my sandals and tiptoed quietly through the dark hall when, "Where are you coming from this late?" I halted and froze. The lights came on. I turned around to see my Dad and stepmother sitting on the couch. "You didn't answer my question," she said. Dad sat and looked at me with a stern face. "Today was the college annual function so I was there only," I said like a mouse. "Come closer," she said. I quietly went closer to her fearing the consequence. She stood up and looked at me with a frown saying, "Now tell the truth, who did you spend the half night with and return?" My eyes welled up looking at her in disbelief at her disgusting question. "I am telling the truth. I was at school," I said. "Lies!" She yelled. I flinched. "I called your Principal an hour ago and he said that you left the compound a hour back," she said. "That's not true," I said. I looked at Dad hoping that for once he would believe me but as he always did, he sat and listened to me getting insulted and yelled at without saying a word. My stepmother gasped and looked at Dad exclaiming, "Did you hear that my love? Your daughter is calling me a liar! Oh God! What did I do so wrong in raising this child? I admit that her mother is dead and gone but I have never failed to accept her as my own daughter and this is how I am being repaid!" She sat back on the sofa and began hitting her forehead with her hand and crying falsely. This is what she always does. Dad stood up and looked at me. "Dad..." I whispered with tears in my eyes but he raised his hand and stopped me. "You're just like your mother! So damn ungrateful! Look at this woman," he said pointing her, "When your mother dumped you here, she raised you! She did what not for you, and this is how she is being treated? Is this how we brought you up?" I lowered my eyes and my tears dropped on my cheek. "Just get out from in front of me! Go to your room and don't show me your jinxed face!" He shouted. Hurting, I ran off to my room and locked my door. I dropped on the ground and hugged my knees sobbing at his words. Looking up, I said with my tongue trembling, "Mom, come back to me. I need you." My phone began to ring and looking at it, I saw Rohan's name flashing on the screen.