Chapter 65

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I slept on the floor last night and woke up feeling drowsy the next morning. Looking around, I reminded myself that I was in Maa's house. Remembering Ayaan, I quickly got up and rushed to the window. He was gone. I wasn't angry at him. I just didn't want him wasting his life with mine. I opened the door and stepped outside. He was nowhere in sight. As I turned around and was going back inside, he shouted from by the gate, "Good morning sunshine!" I turned around and saw him with a glass of tea and some newspaper in his other hand. "I brought you breakfast," he said coming up to the porch. "Hey, didn't I tell you to leave?" I said. "You did. I didn't," he said. He rested the items on the ground and stood up. He planted a kiss on my cheek making me blush. "Good morning. I promise that every morning will be just like this," he said. Without being able to say anything, I ran inside and closed the door. My heart was racing and I felt anxious. "Babe, I'll go and fetch some water for you to bathe and after that, we will go and get some things that we will need," he said. I listened to his footsteps getting lighter and lighter. After some time, I heard him coming back and peeped through the window. He had two buckets of water in his hands and coming back. As he reached up on the porch, he rested them down and knocked on the door. "Babe, hurry up and bathe. We have to go," he said. I opened the door and took a bucket. "Don't call me babe," I said. "Ok sweetheart," he said with a smile. "Urgh!" I moaned and went back inside. I went to the bathroom and bathed with the freezing water. I got dressed and went back to the window to see him. He was sitting in the garden with his bucket and began filling a smaller bowl and throwing it over his head. He trembled everytime the water fell on his making him look adorable. I smiled and looked at him as he finished bathing. He stood up and took a towel, looking around for a place to change. I stepped outside the house and said, "Go inside and change." He smirked at me and asked, "Were you looking at me all the time?" I looked away embarrassed saying, "You're crazy." He went inside and I left. I had to go and get some grocery items and other necessities. 

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

As I changed and came outside, Ankita had already left. The house was completely in a state of deterioration and filth making it hard for anyone to live there. I went back inside and looked around. The furniture could still be useful but everything else needed mending. I tried turning on the lights but it was useless. I opened up all the windows and doors to allow some light in. Looking around, I found an old cloth and began dusting. I removed the sheets from the sofas and threw them away. "How does a woman know where to start in cleaning a house? I don't even know how to clean a house," I said. The bruise on my hand began paining. I took out my handkerchief and tied it tightly to prevent any possible bleeding and looked around the house. I can't let Ankita clean this entire place herself. She needs to rest. I took back the cloth and began dusting and wiping every piece of furniture. I reached the piano and sat down. The memory of Ankita confessing her love to me on this exact spot came back and it made everything seem more special to me. Slowly, I pressed the keys and it played. "Rest them right here," she said outside and I went out to see who she was talking to. It was Namit. "Ok, I'll see you over for dinner then," he said. She smiled and hugged him. I observed her expressions and her eyes were fixed on me. Was she waiting to see how I would react? Too bad, I won't let anyone take her away. I know that she's mine. Breaking the hug, she said, "Bye. And thanks once more for helping me Namu." "You're welcome. Anything for you," he said. He left and she came up on the porch and looked at me with a small smile. "You're back? Come," I said holding onto her hand and taking her inside, "Look, I already started work." She looked around with a frown and then back at me. 

"Is this what you call cleaning?" She asked. I looked around and the place seemed normal. "Ayaan," she said taking away the cloth from me, "Just leave and I'll take care of my own business." As she was walking away, I held her back by her waist and joined our bodies. I hugged her tightly as she kept hitting my hand to let go. Resting my chin on her shoulder, I said, "Babe, since both of us has to live here, let's split the workload. You take care of some, I'll take care of some and together, we will get it all done." "Who says you are living here?" She said. "I," I said. She made her way out of my grip annoyed and looked at me gritting her teeth before going into the kitchen. She walked pass me once more and went outside. She came back with a bag in her hand and handed it to me. "Wow! You bought something for me?" I said. I took out the box and it was a first aid box. "What kind of gift is this?" I asked. "It's not a gift. It's for your hand," she said. I looked at my hurt hand tied up with my handkerchief and smiled. "Will you help me?" I asked. She looked at me for a moment and then said, "No." She went back into the kitchen. I untied my handkerchief and took some antiseptic and cleaned the cut. I placed some cotton on top it but struggled to tie the bandage on my own. Suddenly, two hands came to my aid and helped me as I sat and looked at her smiling. "This is the first and last time I am doing this for you. After today, I won't help you with anything," she said. She got up and went away. "Well we will see what happens," I said with a smirk.