Chapter 6

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I was sitting in the tea stall and waiting for Rohan to come and meet me. It had this one particular stall where we would always come. By now, the owner knew exactly how to make our cups and serve us. "You have to wait longer than usual, today ma'am," the owner said. I looked at him with a smile. "Shall I make your tea by the time?" He asked. "This is my problem. I am obsessed with tea but I can't drink it alone. I must have someone's company to drink it. Otherwise there won't be any fun. The person can be my biggest enemy and I would drink tea with them," I said. Before I could even finish saying that, Ro came and sat next to me. "Now you have company ma'am. Shall I make the tea now?" He asked again. "Bring it," I said. "Have you been waiting long?" Ro asked. "Only five minutes. And besides, our friend here was keeping me company," I said looking at the stall owner. He smiled at us and said, "What are you saying ma'am? You two have been coming here for years for my tea. I am gratefully to you two." I looked back at Ro and asked, "How was your exam?" "Awesome. And how was your day?" He asked me. I grinned from cheek to cheek and said, "Guess what happened today!" "What?" He asked. The owner brought our cups of tea and handed it to us. I sipped it and savoured the taste of bliss in my mouth. "Will you tell me now?" Ro asked. Nodding, I rested the cup down on the bench and said, "When I was walking through the corridor this morning after you dropped me, Princy called me to his office and he said that he has decided to make me manager of the camp concert held by the school!" He sipped his tea without giving me any reaction and I slowly frowned. "Aren't you happy for me?" I asked sadly. He looked at me and asked, "What's so great about that?" My jaw dropped at his question and looked at him like are-you-serious. "Why are you looking at me like that? It's not like you haven't managed an event before," he said sipping his tea. I punched his arm and pouted saying, "You really don't know what this means to me!" He rested his cup down and side hugged me. I frowned angrily and removed his hand away. He did it again and I removed it again.

He hugged me again and this time, held onto me tightly so that I can't remove it. I tried but within seconds, I gave up and turned my face away from him. "Hey," he said sweetly. I didn't give in. "This means that this is the last but biggest thing in your resume until now," he said. A very small smile came to my lips but I didn't let him see it. He understood what it meant to me. I planted a kiss on my temple and said, "I'm very proud of you Ani." My smile came back and I turned back to him. "You were only joking with me?" I asked. He narrowed his eyes and asked, "What do you think?" I giggled and hugged him. Parting from the hug, he called the tea vendor. Handing him money for the tea, he said, "Your tea created another memory for us. Thank you." The tea vendor smiled and held both his hands together saying, "Then in that case, the memory is my payment for these two cups today." He looked at me and said, "All the best for your new event ma'am." I was touched. Smiling, I stood up and said, "Thank you so much. I promise that when it is complete and I am successful, I will come right here to celebrate." He smiled and said, "You're most welcome." Rohan stood up and said, "Shall we leave?" I nodded. We left the stall and strolled along the road. I smiled and then began to giggle. Looking at me confused, Rohan asked, "Why are you laughing?" I then burst out laughing nonstop and he asked again. "Just so. I felt like laughing so I was. Why? Do you have a problem?" I said. He narrowed his eyes at me and said, "You're crazy." "You've known me since I was like three and you're now realising that?" I asked. "You are so full of surprises," he said. I pinched his cheeks and said, "You're so cute! I love you!" He tried removing my hand but I held his skin tightly. As we walking, suddenly, a car pulled up in front of us with it's glass tinted completely black. Without seeing who was inside, the driver began honking the horn very annoyingly. It began ringing in our ears but the person didn't stop. I gritted my teeth and as I was about to walk up to the car and give the person an earful, Rohan side hugged me and we stepped off the road. The drove up a bit and stopped. I assumed that the person was looking at us but I couldn't see who was inside.