Chapter 22

Ankita's P.O.V.

I was fast asleep when I felt someone shaking me and whispering my name. I got up with a jerk and someone covered my mouth. Looking at Ayaan, I sighed and he said, "I am removing my hand. Don't scream." I dropped my shoulders and began closing my eyes again. I fell back on my pillow but he held my arm and woke me up. "Ankita, come with me," he said. I frowned at him and asked, "Are you out of your mind? It's not even morning!" "It's morning. Now get up," he said. "But why!" I asked. "I have to carry you somewhere," he whispered. "I don't want to do anywhere," I said and laid back. Once more, he pulled me up and this time, took me in his arms. I woke up with surprise and looked at him with my eyes wide open. "What are you doing?" I asked looking at a sleeping Preeti. "I am carrying you somewhere," he said. "Are you crazy? Put me down," I said. "On one condition," he said. "What?" I asked scared of Preeti waking up. "You will get your jacket and boots and come with me," he said. I nodded and said, "Put me down." He rested me down and I looked at him shaking my head. I went and got my warm clothes. Going to the bathroom, I wore my clothes and went outside. The sky was dark and the sun was nowhere in sight. Cold breeze came in contact with my hands and I ran back inside. I grabbed some gloves and a hat. Going back outside, I looked at Ayaan with a long face and asked, "What is it?" "Let's go," he said holding my hand and running out of the camp with me. Running along the road, I asked, "Where are we going?" "Just wait and see," he said holding my hand and running. "Ayaan!" I complained at what he was making me do. Running for a while, we finally stopped and I bent forward, holding my knees and panting. Looking around, we were standing in the middle of a hill. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked. "I wanted to talk to you," he said. "About?" I asked. "Preeti," he said. My face turned completely red, but not of jealousy but of anger. "You woke me up this early in the morning to ask about Preeti!" I shouted. He nodded pushing his hands into his pockets.

I took a deep breath and raised my hands in the air. "I'm going," I said. I turned to walk off but he held back my hand and pulled to him. I don't know what my foot bounced into, tripping me. I fell directly on top of him as he fell on the snow. I had my eyes shut tightly and slowly opening them, my hair was all over his face, and both of us were covered in snowflakes. He held onto me with a smile as I laid on top him. I gritted my teeth and attempted to get up but fell right back down on him. "Why don't you just say that you don't want to get up?" he asked with a smirk. I pouted and made myself stand on my feet. Looking at him on the ground, I asked, "What makes you think that I don't want to get up?" "I don't know. Maybe you find me irresistible," he said. My jaw dropped as I said, "My God! You are so full of yourself!" He shrugged his shoulders and stayed put. "I'm going. You already wasted an extra hour of my sleep," I said stomping my feet on the snow. I began walking off when he got up and ran behind me. Holding my hand, he said, "Please, help me out. I really want to know about Preeti." "Why should I tell you anything?" I asked looking straight ahead. "Because I want her to forgive me genuinely," he said. "Who makes you think that she hasn't?" I asked. "I know that she hasn't," he said softly and stopped. I also stopped and turned back to him. I could see how guilty he was looking and my heart melted. I sighed and went back to him. "Ayaan, I know that you are feeling bad about what happened but believe me. I know Preeti very well. I know that she has forgiven you," I said. "You won't know, because you aren't in our place," he said frowning. "Don't do this to her Ayaan. She is too sensitive and if you give her a little bit of hope, she will consider it too much. She won't stop herself from coming closer to her and this is only going to hurt her," I said. "So should I leave her alone?" he asked frustrated. My shoulders dropped. "I can't do that. This guilt is killing me inside," he said. "Fine," I said giving in, "I'll help you." 

He looked at me with a smile and asked, "Are you serious?" I nodded. "Oh my God! Thank you!" he exclaimed and hugged me taking me by surprise. Breaking the hug, he said, "Come." I stood in that spot for a while trying to recover from his sudden hug and he called, "Ankita. Come." I nodded and we walked alongside each other. I looked at him as he was smiling happily. I could see that he was satisfied and excited. Before we reach the camp, we stopped at Sandu's tea stall and ordered two tea. I looked at him sipping it. I was feeling so happy inside to see him so. "Tell me, what does Preeti like to do?" he asked. I smiled and said, "She likes things like every other girl. Shopping, dressing up, going out." "So should I carry her shopping?" he asked. "You can do whatever you want, she will like it," I said. "And you? What do you like?" he asked. I looked at him and said, "Nothing much." "What do you mean by nothing much? You must like some things," he said. I looked at the cup of tea in my hand and raised it, showing him. "Besides tea," he said. "Studying, cooking, kids," I said. "So you are ready to be a wife!" he said. I frowned at him and lightly slapped his arm. He giggled. "You are carrying Preeti for coffee today. That's why you are asking these questions?" I asked. He nodded. "Don't worry. She's not a hard girl to impress," I said. "Who said that I was trying to impress her?" he asked. "You gave enough hints," I said. "Wait a minute," he said, "Do you think that I like Preeti in that way?" I nodded and sipped my tea. Standing up, he said, "No way! I never looked at her in that way!" "Why are you getting so hyper? Ok, I made a mistake. I'm sorry," I said. He turned away from me annoyed. I sighed and got up. Resting my hand on his shoulder, I said, "I misunderstood the situation. I'm sorry." He looked back at me. "Don't make this mistake again. I consider Preeti a friend. Nothing more, nothing less," he said and sat down. I looked at him with some confusion. Sitting next to him, I asked, "Why did you get so angry?" He looked at me silently. "I don't know," he said sounding confused.

"I just couldn't stand the fact that you were misunderstanding me. I had to clear my name for you," he said making my heart race. "Me?" I asked. He nodded. "This is called love sir," Sandu said. We both looked at him shocked. He smiled at us. I nervously looked back at a frowning Ayaan. We went silent suddenly. "Shall we go?" he asked. I nodded and rested the cup down. He paid Sandu and we slowly strolled back to the camp. No one said anything. Now and then, I could feel his eyes on me and my eyes couldn't stop looking at him. Finally, we reached back to the camp and no one was still up. Looking at Ayaan, he stopped at the gate and allowed me in first. He followed behind me. Sandu's words really made this scene awkward. "I'll see you later," I said. He nodded and walked off. I went to my room and sat on my bed reminiscing on the times I spent with him. There is no doubt that I am in love with him but could it be possible that he is also falling in love with me? I couldn't keep this hope high because for someone like Ayaan, falling in love with me isn't just difficult but impossible. I am not like other girls. I don't wear makeup or dress up beautifully. Then how can he like me? Preeti got up and the sun came up. I took a bath and went outside only to meet Ayaan like normal with everyone. His face immediately dropped seeing me. Looking away, he went on normal. And what was I thinking! I smiled normally and went and sat with everyone talking about what they would be doing for the day off today. Ayaan was planning coffee with Preeti and I decided to go to Uncle Jason's house with Rohan today. I took my phone and decided to call Rohan one time to leave. I don't want to make the atmosphere more uncomfortable. I called up Rohan and went to a corner to speak. "Hi, good morning," he said answering. "Hey Ro, I am coming to your hotel to collect you and we are going out," I said. "Uhhh....ok," he said. I hung up the phone.

Looking at Ayaan with everyone, I went back to my room and met Preeti. "Hey, I'm going out with Ro, enjoy your coffee with Ayaan. I'll see you later," I said taking my bag. "Enjoy yourself," she said sitting on the bed. "Bye," I said leaving. I left the camp and walked to Rohan's hotel. Reaching there, I met him outside and he came up to me asking, "Where are we off to?" Holding onto his arm, I said, "Uncle Jason and Aunty Sheila's home." "And they are...." he said. "Maa's friends," I said with a smile. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go," he said. Smiling, I said, "Come."

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

Ankita acted awkward after what the tea vendor said and it was understandable. I felt the same way. We have gone through so much hatred in the pass few days that falling in love doesn't seem right. But somewhere inside me was hoping that she likes me. Perhaps I want to be someone special to her. She is different. I know that she won't love me for my wealth as many other girls do. She is wealthy herself. And if she ever had that thought of dating me for my money, then she wouldn't have hated me in the past few days. I looked at her as she left the camp. She must be going to meet Rohan. I also don't know if I should be jealous of him since she told me that he was soon going to engage someone else but seeing how close they are and the qualities of Ankita, he could just change his mind and want the to date her instead. Preeti came out of her room and sat next to me. "Are you ready for our coffee?" I asked. She nodded. "Let's go then," I said standing up. Looking at everyone, I said, "Enjoy your day." We left the camp and went to a nearby coffee cafe. Ordering and waiting for the arrival of our coffee and snack, I looked at Preeti and didn't know what to say to start a conversation. But I still did, "So, what are you going to do now?" She looked at me and asked, "What do you mean?" "Well, Kiran is gone and you were her spot so what now?" I asked. "Princy assigned the four of us to stage setup and backstage management," she said. "Is that why he called you yesterday?" I asked. She nodded. There was silence once again.

________________________

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed that update! Here's your quote, 'A dreamer is a winner who never gives up.' It's personally one of my favourite quotes by Nelson Mandela. Until we meet again, take care and bye!