Chapter 47

Shanaya's P.O.V. 

I was sitting in my hotel room, waiting anxiously for some good news that Dad is here. Pacing from left to right and looking at my phone and million times, I sat down and shook my leg. "Where is Dad?" I asked looking at my watch. Finally, my phone rang and Dad's name flashed on the screen. I wasted no time and answered with the question, "Have you reached?" "Shanaya, darling, I am so sorry. I can't make it. An important meeting has come up and I can't avoid it. Please understand," he said disappointing me to the core. Gritting my teeth and pouting angrily, I stomped my feet on the ground complaining, "Dad, this is not fair. You said that you were coming." "I'm sorry dear. Okay, I have to run. I'll talk to you later. Take care," he said and hung up before I could say anything else. I dropped my shoulders and threw my phone on the bed. "This stupid meeting has ruined my entire plan. Useless," I said, "I will have to do something." 

Ankita's P.O.V. 

Ayaan's practice was commencing today for the finals and I had duty with Pihu and Vicky to decorate the stage. This time however, was not easy. We had to do the best decoration since it would be the night to announce the winner of the competition and the final performances of the contestants. I was running around, scampering here and there to get work done but nothing was seeming to be done. The more we did seems as if the work was only doubling. Just as I was going out with Vicky to purchase some drapes, I bounced into Shanaya. She frowned at me as I rolled my eyes. My mood was too preoccupied to listen to her so I attempted to leave from the left but she blocked me. Trying from the next side, the same happened. I dropped my shoulders and asked, "What do you want?" "Misery. Yours," she said. "Too bad," I said and walked pass her but she stopped me with her saying, "You're exposed. You are finished." Turning back, she held up her phone and showed me a picture from which I could make out myself hugging a guy. I knew exactly though, who was the guy. It was Ayaan and this was a picture from last night itself. "Imagine, when Dad saw this, how shocked he must have been," she said. Everything from my hands slipped to the ground as I looked at her in fear. Walking back to her, I asked gritting my teeth, "You did what? You sent this to Dad?" She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. "Shanaya..." I said and raised my hand to slap her but she held it back. Looking at me angrily, she said, "Not me, you deserve this slap. You fooled me, made me dress up like a bride to come in front of Ayaan, knowing that he was with you, pushed him to get closer to me so that you can insult me and break my heart?! Right? But unfortunately, your luck was always on the wrong side." "Don't speak nonsense! I never made you do those things. Your lust made you," I said. "How dare you!" I heard and turned my head to see Dad and Mrs. Kapoor standing there and fuming at me. I dropped my anger and ran up to Dad in happiness, hoping that he would embrace me after so long but he stood more still than ever.

I frowned, disappointed as I always got and took two steps back. Princy came and welcomed them with a handshake saying, "Mr. Kapoor, what a surprise. Welcome." Dad looked at him with a stern look and asked, "If I take Ankita away for some time, will it be a great inconvenience to you?" "No, of course not. Ankita is free to go with you," he said. My heart was racing. Why did Dad want me to come? I had an idea that he wants to talk about the pictures from last night but I wouldn't have to be scare this time because I know that Ayaan will stand by me. "Thank you," Dad said to Princy and turned around and began walking. Just before leaving, he stopped as Ayaan was crossing his path and looked at him pleased. At first, Ayaan frowned a bit but as Dad stretched his hand out for a handshake, Ayaan gladly shook his hand with a smile. "Ayaan Veer Malhotra," Dad said, "How are you?" "I'm good, sir," Ayaan said. "Oh, don't call me sir. Call me Uncle at least," Dad said. Ayaan looked at me and I smiled giving him a nod. "Uncle," Ayaan said. Dad patted his shoulder and walked away followed by Mrs. Kapoor and Shanaya. I stopped in front him and said, "I am going with Dad for a while. I'll see you later." He nodded saying, "Take care." "Bye," I said leaving. I sat in the car and looked at him with a smile. The driver took us to the hotel and in the room, Dad glared at me angrily. Showing me the picture on his phone, he asked yelling, "What is this? How dare you try to tarnish our reputation? Have you ever given thought about what would happen if this picture goes into the public? I won't have a face to show them with shame!" "Dad..." I said trembling but he quietened me with another yell, "Shut up! I don't want your excuses. You are not going back to that camp." I stood and looked at him heartbroken. "But..." I started but he pointed his finger at me saying, "I said it and it's final. Your sister's in-laws are arriving tomorrow and after four days is her engagement."