Chapter 61

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I opened my eyes and found myself laying flat on a bed. As I turned and looked at Priya sitting at her desk, I slowly got up. "Good morning," she said. "It's morning?" I asked. "Yeah. I gave you some sleeping injections last night after you fell unconscious and you slept the entire night," she said. I went and sat opposite her. "How's Nana?" I asked. "He's better. I think he might also get discharged by tomorrow, given his improvement," she said. I yawned saying, "That's good." "I think you should go home and change," she said. "Yeah. I'll do that," I said getting up. "Oh! AVM is still here. He's outside," she said as I was leaving. I stopped and looked at her shocked. "He's outside," she said. "He stayed here all night?" I asked. She nodded. I left the office and the hospital. Ayaan's car was parked in the lot and he was inside, sleeping. I went up to him and looked at him sleeping peacefully inside. My urge was to just hug him and tell him how much I appreciate him being there but I didn't want to wake him and neither can I do that. I knew that he must have woke all night. As I turned to leave, he held my hand. "You weren't sleeping?" I asked turning around. "I was. You woke me up," he said. "But I didn't do anything to wake you up," I said. "Yes, you did," he said. "What?" I asked. "Forget it. Get inside, I'll drop you home," he said. "It's ok. I'll take a taxi," I said. "I wasn't asking you. I am telling you. Get inside. Otherwise, I'll pick you up and put you inside," he said. I quietly went and sat in the car. He left the hospital and drove silently. "Where do you live?" He asked. "Just fifteen minutes away from here," I said. There was an awkward silence between us but it didn't look like it was bothering him too much since he drove occupied. I sat, however, and played with my fingers. "Why are you nervous?" He asked. "I'm not nervous," I said. "Is it because you are in the car with your singing idol," he said. "Oh please! Your songs don't impress me as much as..." I started but he knew exactly how to comeplete saying, "Sonu Nigam?" 

"Yes..." I said. "I remember," he said, "But don't you listen to any of my songs?" "I don't get time," I said. "I thought that whenever you are at your Nana and Nani's place they only play my music," he said. "That's the only time I listen to it," she said. "So, don't you follow me on social media?" He asked. I was flushed in embarrassment. How can I tell him that I literally have a fan page on him. "No matter what you say, I know that you listen to me. In fact, you are one of my biggest fans," he said, "Since day one." He looked at me and didn't take his eyes off of me while continuing to drive. As I looked ahead, a vegetable vendor was pushing his cart across the road and I immediately alert him shouting, "Ayaan!" He stopped the car with a screech. I closed my eyes in fear of seeing some horrific scene but after hearing nothing, I opened them to see Ayaan smirking. I sighed and looked at him angrily. "What madness are you up to? Can't you look ahead and drive?" I scolded. He continued with his smile and said, "What I got in return wasn't too bad." "You're mad. This AVM is completely crack," I said shaking my head. "You have reached home," he said. I took a proper glance outside and saw he was right. "How did you know that this is the house?" I asked. "You told me, fifteen minutes away," he said. "Sir, I'm not going to believe that," I said. His face turned pale. After glaring at me for a brief second, he said, "Go." His mood was clearly off but why? I slowly got out from the car and just before he drove off, Nani came running out of the house shouting, "Ankita! Come quickly! Your Nana woke up! He's alright!" I smiled and took the phone from her as she stood and talked to Ayaan. "Priya," I said. "Ankita, Nana just woke up so you all don't have to worry anymore. He's completely fine," she said. "Thank God!" I said sighing in relief. "I'll talk to you later," she said. "Bye," I said and hung up. "Once again, thank you so much," Nani said to Ayaan. "It's ok," he said and looked at me, "I'll see you at the hotel in one hour." I nodded. He really wanted me to come to work? I thought I would get the day off to be with Nani. But Nana is fine so I don't have to be worried. I can go to work. 

Nani and I stood and looked at him as he drove off. "He's an angel, isn't he?" She said. I nodded. "Despite not knowing any of us, he helped us so much. That's the sign that humanity never died," she said. "Let's go inside," I said. "You are really lucky to work with him. He's a great soul," she said. "He truly is," I said. I walked her to the porch and said, "I am going to bathe and get ready. Then, I'll go to work." "Rohan will stay with me. Don't worry and Priya will get off work in a while," she said. I nodded and hugged her. I quickly went home and bathed and got ready. Reaching back on the road, I tried hailing down a taxi but none stopped. Suddenly, one car pulled up in front me and the glass went down. It was Charlie. "Ankita, come," he said. I got in and he drove to the hotel. "How is your grandfather?" He asked. "He's better. In fact, he just woke up so that's a great sign," I said. "That's good," he said, "And Rohan?" "You have really grown attached to him?" I said. "He's a sweet boy," he said. "He is. Today he has a day off so he's home," I said. "And you have to go to work?" He asked. "Yeah. I lost the entire day yesterday," I said. "I don't think it's fair how AVM treats you. I feel so sorry," he said. "But he's always there. Do you know, last night, he remained the entire night with us in the hospital," I said. "He did? That's strange. Why would he do that for a stranger," he said. I frowned at him. How do I tell everyone the truth? "We're here," he said pulling up at the hotel. We entered the hotel together and I went straight to the elevator to go up. Reaching Ayaan's room, I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I knocked again but the same. I didn't think that it was proper to just enter his room without permission so I waited outside for a while. I leaned on the door opposite his door and waited while looking around at the hallway.