Chapter 66

Ayaan's P.O.V.

I was helping Ankita with the house when I heard the gate opening. I went out and saw Mom, Dad and Aarav. Smiling happily after seeing them for so long, I ran to Mom and hugged her. "How are you?" She asked cupping my face. "You all are here now. I am rocking," I said. "I didn't cancel your concert. Just in case you changed your mind," Aarav said. "Great you didn't. I will perform," I said. "Where is Ankita?" Dad asked. I turned around and saw her standing at the door with tears in her eyes. She ran inside and I turned and looked at them frowning. "She doesn't believe that she will live longer. She is refusing for treatment," I said. "Poor thing. Who would have thought that her own family would do something like this to her," Mom said. "Her father will get punished for his actions. You don't worry," Dad said. "May I go and talk to her?" Mom asked. "Of course. Just don't mind the house. It's a bit messy," I said. She smiled and went in. Dad, Aarav and I strolled our way up. "Dad, have you spoken to Dr. Jain?" I asked. "I have. He said that once she is ready to start treatment, he is ready," he said. "Ankita believes that she doesn't have any reason to live," I said. "Of course she does," Aarav said, "You can become her reason." "I hope I do," I said.

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I was sitting on the couch, crying again when Ayaan's mom came in. She sat next to me and I wiped away my tears. "Ankita," she said and paused, "How are you?" "I'm absolutely fine," I said. "Then, what are the tears for?" She asked. She cupped my face and turned it to her. I didn't have courage to look into her eyes because of my shame. "Ankita, whatever happened in the past is only a mistake on your behalf. You had no control over the situation. Ayaan's Dad told me the entire truth. This was all Mrs. Kapoor and Shanaya's doings. You don't have to hurt yourself for that. You deserve to be happy and to live," she said. "You have forgiven me, I feel as if a huge burden has been raised off my shoulders. But I still don't have any reason to continue living," I said. "Of course you do," she said. I raised my eyes and looked at her smiling face. "You have a reason to live," she said and looked at Ayaan. I looked at him frowning at the door. She caressed my head and smiled at me. Suddenly, my heartbeat increased and I felt as if Maa was with me. "You have to live," she said. I was overwhelmed. "Will you go through this treatment?" She asked. I stared at her for a moment. I felt as if my mother was asking me to do this. I looked at Ayaan, his dad and Aarav. Going back to her, I nodded. She smiled happily with tears in her eyes and hugged me tightly. "May God bless you with long life and strength," she said. "Can I make a small request to you?" I asked. "What is it? Anything your heart desires," she said. "Can I call you Maa?" I asked. She looked at me with teary eyes and a smile and said, "From today on, my daughter, you can call me Maa." I hugged her tightly and felt fulfilled. "Thank you," I said. "Then, you have to call me Dad as well," Ayaan's Dad said coming to sit besides me. I smiled and said, "Dad." He rested his hand on my head and said, "God bless you." I sat and looked at Ayaan wiping his tears away as I smiled at my newest given reason to live. 

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

I was in the garden with Aarav, overwhelmed and thankful that Ankita has agreed to undergo treatment. "Hey," he said holding behind my neck, "Don't worry too much. Your surper parents can get anything done for you. Nothing will happen to her." I nodded. He hugged me tightly and I allowed my stress and tension to flow away with my tears. Aarav broke the hug and looked over my shoulder. Mom, Dad and Ankita were standing behind me and I wiped away my tears. Mom came to me smiling and cupped my cheek. "My good son. Take care of yourself and Ankita. Don't worry too much. Your Dad and I will handle everything. Whenever you need us, just come over to the hotel. And don't worry about the house, we will get people to renovate," she said. "I love you Mom," I said hugging her. They left and Ankita came up to me. "Thank you," she said as we looked at them leaving. "For what?" I asked. "For giving me a family's love," she said. I smiled and side hugged her. I kissed her temple and held her closely as she rested her head on my chest.