Chapter 62

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

I waited for Ankita while she finished and sat on the bed pondering on what could happen to her. As far as I remembered, she never did anything that could affect her health too drastically. She always ate healthy and was active enough to be called a little bit of exercise. I got up frustrated and went to the window. Maybe I'm just over thinking. "Sir," she said behind me. I turned and looked at her. "Let's go," I said and grabbed a cap and my sunglasses. Entering the elevator, I wore both of them and hid like a normal person. No one said anything but I could sense the tension coming from her. Not being able to handle the noise of questions inside me, I asked, "Why did you not take your medicines properly?" "I left the house in a hurry," she said bending her head. "And what exactly is this tablet for?" I asked. "It's a normal vitamin," she said and the elevator opened. She walked out quickly and I followed behind. "Ankita!" Charlie called her. She stopped and looked at him as he approached her and held her hand. This set a fire inside me seeing them and I clenched my fists. As he was whispering something to her, I stormed up to them and without doing anything else, I separated their hands and glared at him. "What's wrong sir?" He asked me. "You!" I said gritting my teeth. "Sir, how can you say that?" Ankita said. "Shut up!" I said raising my finger at her. She looked at Charlie and said, "I'll wait for you this evening." He nodded saying, "See you." I grabbed onto Ankita's hand and slowly intertwined our fingers, much to both of their surprise. Holding her hand to my heart, I said to her, "Shall we babe?" I began walking and directed her out of the hotel leaving Charlie confused behind. Reaching outside, she pulled her hand away from me and looked irritated. "What are you doing sir?" She said. "Get in," I said. I went to the driver's seat and she sat beside me. After driving off, I said, "You and that manager seem to be great friends." 

She looked at me silently for a moment and then said, "Yes. Of course we are. He's the best. He's so sweet and charming." My grip on the steering wheel tightened as my body tensed on hearing her. "He's not your type," I said. "Of course he is. He's sweet and caring. He can go to any lengths for my happiness. Who other guy can do that for a girl?" She said. "Open your eyes and see. There still can be someone who can do even more for you," I said looking at her. She stared at me for a second before looking away saying, "I don't think so." I mashed the brakes and pulled up the handbrake. Looking at her, I asked, "Why are you meeting him this evening?" "He's coming over to see Nana. He's so worried about..." she said but I cut her off saying, "I don't need to know all that." I started back driving and reached the house. "Thank you sir," she said. She opened the door and got out and I followed her. I went around to her side and leaned back on the door. "Listen to my advice and look properly, there can be a guy that can do more than Charlie for you. Perhaps, you're not seeing what's right in front of you," I said. "Sir, I'm not looking for love. I don't want any more complications in my life," she said, "Take care." As she turned around, I held back her hand saying, "Wait." She looked at me. "Take care of yourself. Please, I beg you. Don't hurt yourself," I said. She looked at me stunned as I left her standing there and left. 

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I only praised Charlie after I realised what problem Ayaan had with him. He was getting jealous and it was fun seeing him flustered. I smiled and went inside. "Hello people," I said entering. Rohan and Nani looked at me smiling. "Weren't you at work?" She asked. "I was but AVM decided to give me a break after all that happened yesterday," I said dropping on the sofa. "Priya confirmed that your Nana will be home by evening," she said. Rohan came and sat on my lap as I cuddled with him. "Why don't we do something special to welcome him?" I said. "Hmm...I was thinking about that. I think we should cook his favourite food," she said. "I think we should also decorate the house and bake a cake. What say?" I said. "I'll help!" Rohan screamed in excitement. "I think that will be a great idea," she said. "Ok, I'm going to get the decorations. Rohan will help me when I get back," I said. "I wanna come too," he said pouting. "Ok. Let's go," I said getting up. "Be careful," she said as we were leaving. I took my bag and left the house with Rohan. "Ankita," Rohan said walking down the road with me, "Has AVM ever sang for you?" "Why would he do that?" I asked. "Because you work for him," he said. "No Rohan, he has never sung for me," I said smiling. "If I were a rockstar, I would have sang everyday for you," he said cutely. I smiled and picked him up in my arms as we continued. "Would you have sang for me everyday?" I asked. He nodded. "What song would you have sang for me?" I asked. "I love you," he said. "You don't have to be a rockstar to sing to me," I said. "But I'm not like AVM. I can't sing like him," he said. "So what? You can sing better than him," I said. "Lies," he said. We reached the shop and bought all the decorations. We hurried back home and found Nani already preparing the feast. "Shall we start?" I asked. Rohan nodded.