Chapter 34

Ankita's P.O.V. 

As both of us were in the changing room, it began getting hot and sweat began to develop on my forehead. "Ayaan," I said in his arms. "Don't you think that it's getting a bit too hot in here?" I asked. He broke the hug and stepped back, looking at me. Suddenly, both of us burst out in laughter and he cupped my face. "You have really casted a spell on me. I can't imagine myself away from you," he said. I smiled and rested my hand on his chest saying, "Control your heart for a few more days because as soon as we get back, we will speak to our parents about our marriage." His face dropped at this and said, "Marriage!" I also began to frown and asked, "Are you serious? Don't you want to marry me?" I looked at his lips folded in but we're struggling to hide an outburst of laughter and I understood that he was only joking. I gritted my teeth and punched his arm. Holding it, and between his giggles, he said, "Ouch!" "I don't want to talk to you," I said and stomped my foot on the ground. I left the dressing room and went outside. Going to Ritu, she asked me, "Ankita, where were you? Everyone has done their shopping and we are ready to leave." I pouted angrily and looked at Ayaan approaching us. "Just wait a second. I'll cash for this and come," he said. I folded my arms and turned my head away angrily. He went away to the cashier and I said to Ritu, "I am going to check one of my friends. You all can go back to the camp, I'll be back soon." She nodded and I left the store. Going to Uncle Jason's store, I entered and walked to counter. "I'm here to see Uncle Jason," I said to the young man. "You are..." he started. Looking at him with a frown, I said, "Why do you want to know? I am here to see Uncle Jason, call him." He smiled sarcastically at me and said, "Sorry, he's not here." I rolled my eyes and turned around. "Yeah, I'll be there," I heard Uncle Jason saying and turned around. Uncle Jason was coming to the young man on the phone with someone and my mouth opened at the boy's lie. "Ok then," Uncle Jason said and hang up the phone. Looking at me with a smile, he said, "Hi!" I frowned and looked at the boy who was smiling at me. 

"Uncle Jason, I have a complaint to you," I said. "Tell me," he said. "I..." I started and the man butted in the conversation saying, "I have something to say." Looking at him like are-you-serious, he smiled and looked at Uncle Jason. "Uncle, I have a complaint to you and you will listen to me," I said, "And you, new boy, mind your manners with me. Don't get me mad otherwise it won't be good for this face of yours." "Oh come on Aku, don't be so," he said leaving me with my mouth open. Looking at him, I was in shock. He waited for me to react and when I realised who he actually was, I yelled, "Namu!" He smiled at me and slid on top of the counter, coming to me. I jumped on him, hugging him tightly and he lifted me off the ground spinning me around. Putting me back down, I asked excited, "When did you come back?" "I came back last night," he said. "And couldn't you come and meet me?" I asked hitting his shoulder. "When I heard from Mom and Dad that you were back in town, I decided to check and see if you remember me," he said. "I'm so happy to see you! After so long!" I said. He nodded. Namit is Uncle Jason and Aunty Sheila's son. Since they couldn't have children of their own, they adopted him. We both were in school together and even were childhood lovers. Just before Maa's death, he left for boarding school and I never met him ever since. "So, is my Aku still short tempered?" He asked. "Only you can do this to me!" I said tapping his head. He rubbed the spot with a smile. Uncle Jason came around to us and said, "You have to come back now for lunch with Namit at our house." "Of course!" I said. The bell which rang when someone opened the door sounded off and Uncle Jason said, "I'll check." I stood and holding my waist, I looked at Namit from head to toe saying, "You have got quite handsome." His eyes also moved up and down my body saying, "You aren't looking bad yourself." Someone interrupted our jokes when clearing their throat and turning, I looked at Ayaan looking at us. He frowned at us as he came closer. Looking at me, I brought back my annoyed face. "How can I help you?" Namit asked him.

He looked at Namit and came between us. Facing his back to me, he faced a confused Namit and said, "I came for Ankita." "I'm sorry, she is not for sale," Namit said. I began to frown in fear at the way Ayaan was behaving. I intervened and went between them. "Ayaan," I said getting in between. He looked at me angrily and held my hand. "Let's get out of here," he said holding my hand tightly. As he was about to pull me away, I looked at Namit and said, "Namu, I'll see you tomorrow." He nodded and I went away with a furious Ayaan. Holding my hand, he walked ahead and I had to follow behind. His grip on my wrist was getting tighter and tighter. "Ayaan, let go of my hand," I said. But he didn't listen. "Ayaan!" I said and pulled my hand out of his grip forcefully. He stopped and turned to me with his eyes red in anger. "What are you doing?" I yelled. "What are you doing? How could you?" He yelled. "What did I do?" I asked. "You left me in that store because of a small joke and went away. When I came to look for you, what do I see? You in another man's arms spinning around! And you checking him out! You were even letting him check you out!" He yelled. "No need to be so jealous! He's just my friend," I said. He scoffed and said sarcastically, "Yeah, you two were exchanging very friendly looks." I gritted my teeth and stormed closer to him. Holding his arm, I yelled, "We are like this! Since childhood! What's there to be so insecure about?" He rolled his eyes and looked away with a sarcastic smile. "Tell me something, if I saw you with one of your friends like this and misunderstood you, knowing to yourself that what I was thinking is completely wrong, and I would have reacted in this way, how would you have felt?" I asked. "First of all, I don't act like this with any of my friends," he said and stopped for a while and looked at my arched eyebrow. He knew very well that I had many chances of misunderstanding his behaviour with Pihu or even Preeti but I don't. He came up to me calmly and held my hand. "Did I over react too much?" he asked. "Why are you asking me that? Ask yourself," I said. "I'm sorry. It's just that I got jealous. I can't bear the thought that you cheat me or leave me for someone else. Only because I love you too much," he said.