Chapter 16

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I sat on the piano bench and thought about what Uncle Jason asked me to do as he attended to some customers. When he was finished, he came back to me and asked, "So, what have you thought?" I sighed and asked, "What do you think? What should I do?" "I gave my opinion. It's your decision," he said. I sighed and said, "Ok. I'll do it." He smiled at me and said, "Great! Let us wait now and see the faces of everyone when they find out who you are." I nodded and stood up. "I'll take your leave now. I have to prepare for tonight," I said. "See you," he said. I took my shopping bags and was walking back to the camp. As I was passing Sandu, I stopped and took out some money. "Here you go," I said. "Ma'am I told you already, I don't need the money," he said. "Then, in that case, I'll take two cups again," I said with a smile. He smiled at me and made two cups. "Here you go," he said handing it to me. I took the cups and looked across the street. There were two homeless people laying on the ground. Walking up to them, I handed one cup each to them and left. I waved at Sandu and went back to the camp. Reaching to my room, I rested my bags on the bed and took off my shoes. The atmosphere was cold so I wore some cozy socks and sat on the bed. Picking up my phone, I called Rohan. His phone was switched off leaving me a bit confused. He must be in class. I took my diary and turned to the next blank page and wrote,

'Finally in Manali! But some things are not going as expected. Ayaan is fulfilling his promise to make my time here hell. He is doing everything to make each of my days more worse and more worse. Even Preeti isn't with me. I can only find peace in my home. My childhood home. Where all of Maa's memories are. I just wish that the rest of my days in Manali goes as I expected it. That is, once Ayaan stays out of my way.'

Preeti came into the room and with an anger swollen face, she didn't say a thing to me and sat on her bed. I closed the diary and rested it back in my bag. "Will you come with me to town tonight for a concert?" I asked. "We have planned a Bar-B-Que, I can't come," she said coldly. "Bar-B-Que?" I asked with an arched eyebrow. "Yes," she said opening a novel. "Are you serious? You are going to Bar-B-Que in December in Manali?" I said. "Do you have a problem with that?" she asked. "Come on Preeti, why don't you say that you don't want to come with me?" I asked. "You got the idea, that's enough," she said. "But next time, at least get a good excuse," I said. "What is your problem with everyone?" she asked frustrated and annoyed. "I have no problem with anyone Preeti, everyone seems to have a problem with me alone. Even you," I said softly. Saying that, I got up and left with my jacket. I went home and sat by Maa's piano. Perhaps this could make me feel better and I began playing. After some time, my phone rang and answering it, Vicky spoke, "Ankita, where are you?" "I'm...I'm in the town. What is it?" I asked. "Your father is here," he said. I stood up, unable to believe my ears. "Come quickly," he said. "I'm coming," I said. I felt overjoyed. Dad came all the way to Manali just to meet me! I quickly ran out of the house and went back to the camp to see Dad waiting for me. My eyes filled with tears of happiness that he came to meet me and I went up to him slowly. Standing in front of him, I smiled with tears glistening in my eyes but just as I was about to embrace him, he gave me a tight slap leaving me completely stunned. I held my cheek, stinging with the slap and looked at him, infuriated. "Sir..." Princy said taking a step forward for me but he held up his hand and stopped him. "Is this what we taught you? To be a rebel? To do such acts?" he asked in a scolding manner. I bent my head and bore the insults he threw at me silently. Everyone stood and spectated the scene without moving an inch of their body or eyes. Pointing his finger at me, he said, "If I get any more complaints about you, I won't oversee it. I will stop your school and get you married to someone. Preferably from the other side of the world."

I raised my teary eyes and looked at me. "Dad..." I started but he past me and walked to the exit. He left the camp and I turned to my right to see Ayaan and Pihu standing and looked at me. Pihu smirked happily and Ayaan showed me even worse, pity. I was too embarrassed to remain there and turned around and ran out of the camp. I went to get cure. Reaching Maa's house, I went inside and closed the doors behind me. Bursting out in tears, I fell to my knees and sobbed. "Come back Maa. Please come back," I said.