Chapter 3

Ankita's P.O.V.

Back to the present, I stood on the stage and stared at the person I thought that I might never see in my life again. From that night until now, not for once, I felt the same way. I always thought about him and our first meeting, the first time I heard his name, the first time he spoke to me, the first time he held my hand. These were all engraved in a beautiful way in my memory. An entire year has passed since I first saw him on his birthday and I still haven't had a change feeling for him. I still admire him the exact same way as I did when I first saw him. I am just overwhelmed and overjoyed that I am meeting him once again. "Ankita," Princy whispered to me breaking my dreaming, "Give him the gift." I began stretching my hands out with the box and as he was accepting it, his fingers brushed against mine making my heart beat faster. I knew that by now my entire face was red and I was blushing helplessly. "Shall we take a picture?" he said in his husky and manly voice. "Sure!" Princy said smiling. He came closer to me and looked at the camera. "I have told you this earlier, I am telling you once again, the next time you think about spoiling anyone's designer dress, think about my gift to you," he said leaving me dumbfound, "The amount of money it took to buy that dress is way out of your thinking. You perhaps must not even know what is designer from street clothes." I looked at him in shock and with disgust filled in my eyes. He did this to me! He stepped back from me and I looked at him standing in my frozen position like a ghost. "Ayaan Veer Malhotra is my name. My father has so much of money that he can buy you off in this very moment. Next time, before colliding, even by mistake with someone out of your league, remember my wet present," he said to me. He took a seat behind the head table with Princy and was chatting. "Ankita!" I heard a voice calling me softly from behind the curtains. I turned and saw Preeti calling me. I shot a death glare at Ayaan once more and left the stage. Reaching back to Preeti, she held my arm and said, "What were you doing? I told you to look at the chief guest so that you don't pay attention to the crowd. I didn't tell you to literally stare him down like a maniac!" 

I began to fume at the same person I was admiring a minute ago. "But I also don't give you wrong. Look at how hot he is!" she said. I gritted my teeth and looked at him. I admit that I like him. He is very dreamy. But that doesn't mean that I overlook what he did to me. That too for a dress! He sat on the stage and looked at me with a pleased smile. He perhaps has accomplished what he wanted, my anger. But he doesn't know what I do in my anger. "You will pay for this Mr. Ayaan!" I said gritting my teeth. "What will he pay for?" Preeti asked me. Without answering, I left her standing there. I quickly went to the washroom and looked for any extra T-shirts in the box but they were all finished. I looked at my wet strands of hair falling over my face and removed them irritated. I took a hair band and tied them up in a bun and looked at my face. I was so wrong about him! I really thought that he was a decent and respectable person. And what he did that night stole my heart even more when I saw how caring he was.

Flashback.

I was serving drinks to the guests of the party that night when I noticed an elderly woman standing in a corner all by herself and frowning. Out of concern, I went to her and asked, "Are you ok ma'am?" She smiled and nodded. Stretching the tray out, I asked, "Do you want a drink?" Very politely, she replied, "No thanks. I have a sore throat and if I drink something very hot or even cold, it will affect me more." I frowned and replied, "I understand." While talking to her, Ayaan was passing by and he stopped on hearing the lady's problem. "Aunty, come with me. I will cure your sore throat in a second," he said. She rested her hand on his head and said with a smile, "God bless you son." He side hugged her and led her to the kitchen. My manager came up to me and looked at the tray in my hand. "Why are there so less glasses of drinks on your tray? Go to the kitchen for more," he said. I nodded and went to the kitchen. Entering, I saw Ayaan standing by the sink with a glass of water and salt. He was helping the woman gargle with the water to decrease her pain. I smiled as he took a napkin and cleaned up the side of her lips with love clearly showing in his eyes.