Chapter 57

Ankita's P.O.V.

Later that night, I began having a headache. I ran out of my sleeping pills so I couldn't sleep. After laying on the bed for hours, I got up and went to the kitchen. It was just after two in the morning. I took some ice cream from the fridge and sat down and began eating. "Maa, in the entire world, Ayaan found only Goa to perform? Why is my past coming back to haunt me? I wish this could all just be a dream. I will wake up and everything will end," I said. After consuming half of the tub of ice cream, I decided to start cooking breakfast for Priya and Rohan and since I had extra time, I would also make some for Nana and Nani. I began kneading the flour and boiling potatoes to start. By six of clock, I had finished cooked, cleaned the kitchen and got ready. I packed Nana and Nani's food and left the house. Walking a distance down the road, I reached their house and entered into the yard. Their newspaper was already at their doorstep and I took it inside with me. Nani was usually an early riser. She always believed in doing morning meditation and building health. I entered the house and went straight to the kitchen. I kept the food there and went to the small porch at the back of the house where the sea was the view. Nani was sitting and working on her breathing and I decided to make tea for both of them as Nana will be waking up now. I went back to the kitchen and got started. Nana woke up and came in the kitchen. "Good morning dear," he said with a smile. "Good morning my sweetheart," I said, "Here is your newspaper. Your tea will be with you in a while and..." "And my wife?" He asked. "Your good morning kiss is on hold until the wife completes her deep breathing," I said. He smiled and went to his rocking chair. Nani finished her meditation and came inside saying, "Hey girl! Why are you flirting with my old man? Back off or else don't say I didn't warn you." "I just thought I had a small chance so why not take advantage of it," I said serving her tea first. I went to Nana next and sat by his feet. 

Massaging both his feet, I said, "I have brought breakfast for both of you all. No need to cook. In fact, I think I have packed enough for lunch as well." "And Priya and Rohan?" Nani asked. "Oh no!" I exclaimed catching myself. "What?" Nana asked. "I forgot Ro's chocolate milk," I said. "Run! You might make it in time," Nani jokingly said. I took it more than serious and sprinted out of the house. Racing back, I reached panting. I stood by the door only to see Rohan drinking down his chocolate milk. Priya came out of the kitchen and looked at me. "You forgot, didn't you?" She said. I bent my head and walked to the table. Sitting down, I calmed myself down and looked at both of them eat. After breakfast, they left and I locked the house and also headed for work. As I was passing back in front of Nana and Nani's house, Nani ran out with the newspaper in her hand excited. "Ankita, wait," she said running to me, "Look at this. Is it true?" I took the newspaper and read the news about Ayaan being in town. I nodded. "He's at Taj! Can you get an autograph from him? Just for us!" She asked. "Nani, he's our guest and we have some rules to follow," I said. She frowned. "Ok, I'll see if I can get you one," I said. Her face brightened up and I walked further. Hailing down one taxi, I got in and went to work. As soon as I entered the hotel and was going to change, Charlie called me. I went to his office door where he was standing and said, "Good morning." "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah. I am doing fine," I said. "Charlie," the receptionist called. "Check me for lunch time. I have something for you," he said and left. I went to the locker room and got ready. Taking the trolley into the elevator, I went up to the second floor. Just as I was leaving the elevator, I almost bounced into Ayaan. "I'm sorry sir," I said. He glared at me and for a second, I met eyes with him. Immediately looking away, I said, "I apologise. You can go." I pulled the trolley to the side of the corridor and made space for him to leave. 

His manager came behind him asking, "Are you alright boss?" "I was until now," he said. Glaring at me, he left and the girl followed. I started with my work. I cleaned some of the rooms and reached the suite Ayaan was staying in. I wasn't as nervous since I know that he was downstairs. I opened the door and went inside. Looking around, the room was in a complete mess. There were wet towels on the messy bed, dinner leftovers on the table and beer bottles on the sofa. I knew in my head that this would take me some serious time to clean so I immediately started. I took up the wet towels and exchanged them with new ones, made the bed, took away all the garbage and then went to the washroom. The floor was wet and slippery and all the cabinets were left open. "What the hell! Have Ayaan forgotten all his common sense?" I asked myself in shock. I took a step forward and slipped but balanced myself properly to not fall. I began closing all the open cabinets and replaced the shampoo and soap. As I was walking back to my trolley, I slipped and landed on the ground. My bum pained with the fall and in the process of trying to hold onto something while falling, the tall vase by the jacuzzi fell down in a smashing sound. I held onto my twisted ankle and cried in pain.